• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil and Filter Service on my 2015 165 (Rotax 150 HP)

greenwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had the oil, filter, and plugs changed with 15 hours because my dealer is 150 miles away and I was going to be in the area last summer.
They reset the maintenance light to come on at 65 hours and I only have 30 hours as of today and will not have 65 hours until late next year.
My question is should I have the oil, filter, and plugs changed this fall or spring? I would like to wait until the 65 hours but will be 2 years plus on the oil and plugs?
Someone stated the oil and filter should be changed every year regardless of hours on the motor?
Thanks and would appreciate any input.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Yeah don't go by the maintenance light. Oil and filter need changing once a year ( more if you have a lot of hours ) and the rotax manual suggests for plugs to inspect annually and change if needed. Or change every other year if 1 year inspection was ok

greenwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Bob maybe I will do it myself ??? instead of pulling it 150 miles each way.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Yeah. Oil change is super easy. There are some posts on here with videos showing steps. I'll try and find some and post back. If you google search, search sea-doo oil change. Most are tagged on YouTube under sea-doo