• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Oil Change and Plugs

@ShooterDiesel I think someone stole your gas. I've never heard of that much fuel evaporating from a tank.
Got into my boat today, engines fired right up after 8 months in storage. Oil looked clean and plugs, even though I fogged the motors sounded like they were firing smooth. They are iridiums. Would you all still change them?

Another question. Can a gas tank evaporate 40 gallons in 8 months? Its stored one air in Hawaii. Tank was full when I stored it and pretty empty today. No smell of fumes in engine bay or fuel compartment.

@ShooterDiesel I think someone stole your gas. I've never heard of that much fuel evaporating from a tank.
I just talked to my marina and they have had some theft out of our storage lot. But the bright side is, the considerate thief tighten back down the shipping cover after he took my gas so boat stayed protected during the last few big storms.

@ShooterDiesel That is the EXACT reason I leave my boat closer to E than F when I winterize it. AND you wont have to put as much fuel treatment in, if any. Just fill the tank up for the first spring trip and itll dilute all the old gas. If there is any old bad gas.

@DonWon One more question. Do you know the plug gap?

what type of grease are yall using on the outshaft bearing?

There a link somewhere that explains this? I should probably go look through the FAQ before asking and hijacking someones thread...

Mobile 1 in the viscosity specified in the manual which only comes with the high mileage label and I ordered Yamaha filters.

The spark gap is in the manual as well. The manuals are available online. There are links in the model specific forums.

The spark gap is in the manual as well. The manuals are available online. There are links in the model specific forums.
Thanks Bruce. I'll check that out. I appreciate the tip.

BTW, thanks for the timely reminder to order my oil filters and plugs for this spring's oil change. :)

Back