• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Change Interval and Capacity- Clarifying what

Jamlewis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Its about time to change the oil, and was looking in the user manual at the service intervals and oil capacity ( see attached images). For the Oil Change interval, the language used in the the manual says the initial oil change is at 10 hours, then says "Thereafter every" 50 hours. You could take that as the next oil change is due at 60 hours total instead of at 50 hours. What do you guys think? I am at 49 hours so going to change it soon anyway, just thought the wording was a little ambiguous. Also, on the capacity the manual states "Engine Total Qty" as 5.3 L but the oil qty with filter is 3.7L. How much oil should I expect to get out? I assume 5.3L is the volume of the oil pan, but not how much oil is in it? Thoughts? Oil Interface.JPGOil Capacity.JPG

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
10, 60, 110, ... would be correct.

I get about 3.5L out each time... varies slightly depending on positioning of vacuum pump tube in dipstick opening.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For me it's usually or 12 months. I usually don't do 50 hours a year during our short season, but if it's late August and I hit 50 for the year I'm definitely waiting until my annual October Oil and Filter Change unless I still have a bunch of usage planned. I would rather wait until 60 and change oil and filter once a year. But that's just me, not what the manual says. If I typically did 75 - 100 hours a year I would probably change oil mid summer and oil and filter in October.