• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil cooler o rings

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Hey guys was checking the oil after our weekend ride and it looked a little milky . The engine never over heated and had water out of all the holes . Heard there is a o ring on top of the value cover ordered that going to put it in today is there any orther ones . I also checked the plugs and they all look normal no water in there either .

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't remember do you have the HO or non-HO motors?

I'm no engine expert but I'm not sure how an o-ring or gasket on the valve cover is going to allow water into the oil, do you have a lot of spray or water in your engine bay?

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I have non ho talked with my mechanic he said that he's pretty sure it's a exhaust manifold

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sounds like a good direction to go, It's good you were able to catch it early, I'm going to be diligent about every trip checking the oil for both milky and level for possible fuel,

are you going to try to track it down or give it to him to work on ?

Be sure to keep us updated,

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not an o ring. Either you ran with one engine and got water backed up into the off engine, your hg failed, or you have a cracked head or block. Even if the headers had holes connecting the water jacket to the exhaust flow, you couldn't get water into the cylinders. I just went through this and lucked out with option 1 from the po. (I hope, engine still going back together now)

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I thought it may be the hg or the block but I have no water no where in the the bilge and none sprays out any where . So I was thinking a broke water jacket in the exhaust manifold .

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's cracked here you won't see water or oil on the bildge
Screenshot_20180703-170410_Gallery.jpg
Or anywhere on the heads.