• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Filter Removal

greenwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just removed the oil filter on my 2015 (165) with the 150 HP Rotax.
The cap is attached to a rod with a metal sleeve and a bolt at the bottom which does not allow me to get the cap off to replace the small dime sized o ring.
Is this normal?
Also when I tighten the new cap down with the new filter I can see the top red o ring which makes me think something is not right.
Can anyone advise?
When I watch the you tube video's of changing the seadoo oil filters the cap comes off as a separate part allowing you to replace that small o ring on the shaft below the cap.
Thanks

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
For whatever is worth...
That sleeve with a nut at the bottom is also on my 215HO oil filter caps. I had to remove the nut and take the sleeve off to replace small o-ring.

The torque of both nuts (rod and sleeve nut) is 9NM per 2012 Seadoo Boats Shop Manual.

The order of the component is as follows = Rod - small O-ring - Oil Filter Cap (with its large o-rings) - Sleeve - Nut

Can't recall if the top o-ring on the cap was visible, sorry.

When I did my first DIY oil change the nuts at the bottom of the rod sleeve on both filters were upside down so I could not use a socket to remove them (not sure how they got them in that way but it was pure evil), this is not how they are shown in the picture on the shop manual, so I reversed them.

Good luck.

greenwood

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for your help Rick.

I was able to replace the small o ring.
The top red o ring is visible when I look at the tighten down filter and housing I should have looked before I removed it for the first time!
If anyone out there can look at their filter housing and advise if they see the top red o ring on the fully tighten down cap on the housing that would be great.
I am hesitant to put the new oil in until I know the cap and filter are secured all the way.

Thanks

Chad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did my oil change on both engines a few months ago. When tighting the oil filter housing to spec, I noticed that the o-ring was showing as well. I was concerned until I looked at the other engine, which hadn't been touched yet, and it was showing as well. I guess it's normal and that o-ring doesn't fit all of the way down into the housing.