• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Oil Filter?

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey! About to pickup my SX240 from storage and I will be doing an oil change, oil filter change, and bearing greasing. Does anyone know the part number for the filter/where I should pick it up? Also I recall on the former site there was a thread for the service manuals, have we done that here yet?

Thanks y'all!

Sorry to advise that we are not copying/sharing service manuals on our board because of liability issues.

@Scottintexas I totally forgot to check that super-thread! Found it there! Is it bad to go with the non-yamaha brand oil filter? (we use the boat a ton and will probably run thru 1 or 2 maintenance intervals this summer again) And I figured that's why I couldn't find the manual here, no prob! I have it on my old computer I just didn't want to have to go find it hahaha

If you have an extended warranty then I would stick with all Yamaha brand parts, including oil. May cost more but you don't want them to blame any warranty claims on the fact you didn't use approved Yamaha parts.

I found a yamaha brand filter on west marine online, http://www.westmarine.com/buy/yamaha--element-assembly-oil-cleaner--13164223 Is there a specific one for each model of boat? The thing is my yamaha service dealership is like 1.5-2hrs away, although we do have a boat dealership here (Lake Minnetonka) they just don't do service so I don't know they would carry the filter. Also could I go to a yamaha waverunner dealership and grab a filter there, like would those filters be the same? Soooo sorry for all the questions!

all the 1.8l should use the same filter. IMHO I would just buy a quality after market filter, If your going to change you oil twice this summer I don't think it would make a difference even with 100 hours this summer. I would just save your receipts for warranty issues. Do you have a YDS or hour meter to read your hours to keep a good mtc log ?

Yep we have the one in the gauges, logged tons of hours last summer!

The correct Yamaha# for 1.8motor filter is 69J-13440-01. Most dealerships can ship you a filter. As for after market filters and (I know I might get blasted here and that is OK) are not metric threaded filters. They are standard thread. Not saying they will not work. Many use them on the 1.8 motors and have no problem. Just wanted you to be aware of the thread difference.

Thank you @Boat Crazy !! Good to know! I will call them tomorrow morning and see if I can pick one up!

Yep we have the one in the gauges, logged tons of hours last summer!

You can't make that statement and leave us hanging, How many hours did you put on it last year ?

Hahaha we logged 143.2 hours, which it a lot in my book! Likely to put on even more this year though because of a headstart on the season, and less rain! (last summer there was maybe one weekend that did not have some form of rain or thunder/lightning at some point)

Back