• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil pressure gauge

David Martin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody know what oil pressure the Yamaha 1.8 engine run..........I just tested and old oil gauge and sender I had lying around it was an 80psi sender and 80psi gauge and the Yamaha almost peg the gauge at 78psi at idle. Since the sender on the block is an 80psi I cant tell how high she might go.

I'm hope someone knows and could save me a few hours digging for my old test gauge it been 3 moves in 10 years no telling what boxes its in. Now that I have all my adapters in the block, keeping the original Yamaha low pressure warning sender........ I'm ready to order NEW gauges and senders to complete install. I have my eyes on some vary nice 100psi gauge faces.......the 120, 145 psi gauges are more digital and cost a lot more the 100psi.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Well I dug out my old oil gauge and the(180hp) 1.8L HO pressure at idle 75psi increasing to 79 at high no wake/idle and she top out at 85psi at 4000rpm and no real increase after that. I noticed she has a gear reduction in the pump housing so it looks like 75psi to 85psi is in the normal range(my engines are 100hr engines) so that a fairly close to what new engine should run I would believe.

Back