• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil pressure thread size and metric pitch

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know the oil sending units mm size and mm thread pitch..........it appears to be 10mm size but I cant seem to find any metric thread pitch info. I thought I read it on a search I did a few month back but I just cant seem to find the data now.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't have the info, but if you have the sensor, Home Depot has a great setup to test fit bolts to figure out what size/pitch they are.

Likewise a set of gauges to measure with are relatively inexpensive.

Something like this would answer the question for you:

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1/8 - 27 NPT

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow are you saying the threads in the Yamaha block are 1/8-27npt......... I'm surprised it would not be metric, but it would not be the first time I got surprised by a MFG.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, they are. I had to re-tap mine, dont ask…. This way they can use any oil pressure sender, instead of a custom one.

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weird I now know more than I want to know about NPT. I have 1/8-27 npt nipple and it will screw into my TEE bushing 1/8-27 but not screw into the Yamaha block but the original Yamaha oil sender will screw into my 1/8 npt bushings that's into my Tee....holy@#$%^&batman...............so I took a trip to my local ACE and purchased a 1/8-27 npt die pipe cuter. Just for fun I checked their npt 1/8 nipples they were not listed as a npt or 27 pitch and they are cut with a TAPER., and they run through the di cutter perfectly. GO figure a nipple not listed as a NPT-27 only listed as a 1/8 nipple fits the block like it should.....shaking head now!!!!!!! You gota love the boys at ACE.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The “T” in NPT stands for taper. Its designed to get tighter as you screw them together. I thought the same as you, what the?! But it fits

Last edited: