• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil pressure warning

caborouse07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an 2005 AR230. I had an issue this weekend with battery switch being corroded and had to replace. After completing the change the engines start right back up. However one of the engines had a low oil pressure light come on. I turned it off and waited like 10 min. to restart. I check oil level and it was fine. After that the light never came back on, I used the boat for the rest of the day with no issues. Is this something that is common after disconnecting the battery? Anything to be concerned about?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't say it was common but it doesn't surprise me or worry me, you checked the level, it was fine, go have a good time, check the oil at every launch and monitor it further,

sometimes you lights will blink to tell you what engine code is alerting,

I would suggest a YDS to monitor the engines yourself even while your running,

check out the thread in my signature below for common issues with your boat,

caborouse07

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, do you have a recommendation on the YDS diagnostic kit. I see several on ebay?

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I concur with @Scottintexas . Make sure you are running 10w-40 oil.