• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil pump question

Ffemt555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had to remove my oil pump on a freshly rebuilt 1.8 Ho motor on a 2012 242 limited S. (Oil leak at transfer tube O ring) and also removed motor to reseal the oil sump (Pan) also missing a bolt in the sump . The motor has less then 10 hrs on it and was replaced due to catastrophic failure of original motor. The motor was rebuilt at BMC boats in long wood FL for heads up purposes. Anyway, i have a winy steering type noise coming from the motor once everything was reinstalled. I believe that the oil pump may not be priming and was looking for advice Tech and a way to prime the oil pump. Only ran motor at idle for a few mins then shut it down so no damage would occur. Plz help and advice appreciated!

Glad to have you on board, I can't answer your question about the whiny noise, did you sump that was missing the bolt have an arrow on it?

the early 1.8's had a problem with bolt breaking and leaking, you can look in our FAQ at the top of the page to find the details of it,

Unfortunately i had several loose bolts on the pan. I had a motor installed (built) at BMC boats in long wood FL. It seems (I know) that someone did a horrible job on assembling my motor. Found one bolt lying in the hull and others hand tight. This was one of two leaks found on my new motor. There was also a leak at the oil transfer tube (oil pump housing) were the orings were destroyed ripped in half when installed. 30 day warranty has expired and i was left fixing it myself or waiting 6 weeks to get in to have them look at it and charge me again.. needless to say i am doing the work myself but now running into minor problem of whining noise and obviously worried about it being low or no oil pressure! 10 hrs on motor.

Back