• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

OK I am suposed to be working but I have a wake surf question!

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got the Liquid Fish 5'6" board and now how do I get it on my boat. I stalled on the purchase (cost, number and type) of a wakeboard rack for my AR230 so now I am stuck figuring out where to store the thing when I am underway! Should I strap it on the tower(bungees) or try putting it in the locker?

Also I have one board but does any one have any recommendations on how many racks (based on experience) I should get and any comments on what I should get? (cost is a concern)

We store wake surf boards in the bow floor area.

It will not fit in the ski locker.

007 made strapes to hold the boards under the Bimini , worked out pretty slick , mabie he will chime in

With bungie cords I use my tower as a ski rack. It works well using a tiny bit of padding and 2 bungies. Cam.

I did this for about $10. Used the straps off an old cover, bought a few extra webbing clips and some pipe insulation. Got my wife to pull out her sewing machine and with a little trial and error, made "under bimini surf racks!". Still using it a year later. Have to have the bimini up, but we surf with it up mostly anyway. Sorry I cannot find more pics, but you'll get the idea from this one:

600198_10201437900976400_1026599891_n.jpg

That is awesome! Does it hold 3 boards?

No. I meant it to hold 3, but the space is too wide where the bimini covers the bow in the center, so you can't tighten the straps enough to keep a board in place in the center. You'd have to modify the bimini and I just wasn't up for that. But it holds 2 really well!

Too cool!

@KXCam22 Do you have any pics? I have not used the bimini yet so would like to see options with just the tower.

Thanks!

I did this for about $10. Used the straps off an old cover, bought a few extra webbing clips and some pipe insulation. Got my wife to pull out her sewing machine and with a little trial and error, made "under bimini surf racks!". Still using it a year later. Have to have the bimini up, but we surf with it up mostly anyway. Sorry I cannot find more pics, but you'll get the idea from this one:

600198_10201437900976400_1026599891_n.jpg

Love this and the pockets on the top!!! Brilliant!

Sorry no pics but you can hold 2 boards easily. I put mine on the top side as they will stay there while you bungie. You could use pool noodles for pads or those pre-made canoe blocks. We don't use our bimini. It worked far better that you would expect. 007's setup is primo. Cam.

We keep it on the floor as surfing is usually single purpose lake trip.

I just got the Liquid Fish 5'6" board and now how do I get it on my boat. I stalled on the purchase (cost, number and type) of a wakeboard rack for my AR230 so now I am stuck figuring out where to store the thing when I am underway! Should I strap it on the tower(bungees) or try putting it in the locker?

Also I have one board but does any one have any recommendations on how many racks (based on experience) I should get and any comments on what I should get? (cost is a concern)

This might solve all your problems....

Buy an inexpensive, yet durable, set of racks for a hundred bucks. That's right, $99.99 here:

http://www.bartswatersports.com/cat...it/index.asp?gclid=CNz9-7S39L4CFc1lfgodvz0A2A

(Boater's World carries them also)

These:

largeimage-40978.jpg

Then you cut the middle finger out of one set - it's billet aluminum so it shouldn't be too hard. Grind the contour smooth with a drill/sander - and viola! You have a Board Rack.
Buy another set to carry two wakeboards on the other side and you've spent $200

Problem solved for 200 bucks and some elbow grease. OR, you can buy one that has a place for one board and one wakeboard for $189 - $250:

http://www.wakeessentials.com/product-p/bar002.htm

http://www.wakeessentials.com/product-p/bar007.htm

:cool:

Great Ideas everyone. I think the Bimini one 007 suggested will be the one I go with tomorrow. I will probably order a rack but who knows a little ingenuity by 007 may have saved me some dough!

I don't have a tower, and I have been curious as to where everyone else stores their surfboard(s). What @007 has done is awesome!! If you are able, do you think you could post some up-close pics of how it is sewn? I think that is a great idea!!!

Back