• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

OK....Travel Trailer Guys get in here.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Sounds good - well thought out response with data points to back your stance. Turn Key def has a cost associated to it.

I would still offer you 32k cash in person though lol

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds good - well thought out response with data points to back your stance. Turn Key def has a cost associated to it.

I would expect she would as well.

I mistyped the payoff earlier. It's $33,425. I would come back at $33k from you offer and call it done.

Appreciate you guys confirming I'm not being a jerk about it. I really don't want to take advantage, but I also don't want to give away my position. Ultimately I'll still see this lady from time to time as we have friends in the campground we're still going to visit.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you can get away with having to pay less then $1000 for payoff…. It’s a win IMO

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

I believe that when we are taking “turn key” it means set up on the lot? If this is the case then it doesn’t have much value to most buyers who are looking for a travel trailer to travel. Like when I see a boat ad and it states slip also available. There are some markets where it’s tough to get a slip, but if I buy the boat, it’s traveling home with me.

I‘ll also add the price you paid for the trailer really isn’t relevant (aside from what you need to pay off the loan). The value should be based upon what other comparable trailers are selling for.

Personally, I would cosider taking an offer, even if it’s a few thousand less than what you want to get. I see the price of used trailers continue to drop, and I would write off any small loss to a learning experience.

Jim

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I believe that when we are taking “turn key” it means set up on the lot? If this is the case then it doesn’t have much value to most buyers who are looking for a travel trailer to travel. Like when I see a boat ad and it states slip also available. There are some markets where it’s tough to get a slip, but if I buy the boat, it’s traveling home with me.

I‘ll also add the price you paid for the trailer really isn’t relevant (aside from what you need to pay off the loan). The value should be based upon what other comparable trailers are selling for.

Personally, I would cosider taking an offer, even if it’s a few thousand less than what you want to get. I see the price of used trailers continue to drop, and I would write off any small loss to a learning experience.

Jim
That's the whole thing. It's already setup, on the lot, ready to move in. Buyer has friends across the street and next door to this lot, so the location is just as important as the actual RV to her. I'm asking a somewhat high price, but I think for this buyer there's some value in "just moving in", I just wanted to make certain I wasn't being unreasonably high in my ask price. She's a widower and I don't want to fleece the lady of her late husbands money, but like any deal, business is business; so I was weighing the two against each other.

If this deal falls through, then I'll post online at a price closer to market, and eat the difference in taxes/registration/etc that I've paid. I have cash sitting aside just for that, just in case.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Jim
I can't speak for trailers, but we have people that will buy a boat just for the slip around here. I've been on a slip list for coming up on 2 years now. I don't want it anymore because prices have doubled - but you get the idea.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's the whole thing. It's already setup, on the lot, ready to move in. Buyer has friends across the street and next door to this lot, so the location is just as important as the actual RV to her. I'm asking a somewhat high price, but I think for this buyer there's some value in "just moving in", I just wanted to make certain I wasn't being unreasonably high in my ask price. She's a widower and I don't want to fleece the lady of her late husbands money, but like any deal, business is business; so I was weighing the two against each other.

If this deal falls through, then I'll post online at a price closer to market, and eat the difference in taxes/registration/etc that I've paid. I have cash sitting aside just for that, just in case.
I don’t see anything wrong with your asking price, as there may be some added value of taking over the lot lease. The value is whatever two parties (buyer and seller) can agree too. No one is forcing her to buy your trailer, if it is worth it to her, at your asking price, that’s great for everyone.

Just noting that ‘turn key’ in this particular situation doesn’t seem to be much to me other than being on the lot, as there doesn’t seem to be much trailer specific improvements to the lot. So, it all depends if a buyer wants to buy the trailer and/or the lot lease.

My thought is for someone who may actually want to tow the trailer, it may need a little bit of money (I.e., new tires) to get it road worthy.

The good news is that it is still early April, so you have the whole Summer season fo find a potential buyer if this one falls through. 👍

Jim

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't speak for trailers, but we have people that will buy a boat just for the slip around here. I've been on a slip list for coming up on 2 years now. I don't want it anymore because prices have doubled - but you get the idea.
Agreed, some slips here sell for more than the boat parked in them.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well.....It's done.

Met the buyer on Saturday at the camper. She looked it over and liked it. Agreed on $34,500 as the sell price. Went up Sunday and cleaned it out and brought the truck home. Left the keys in it so she can start her upgrades. Met at the bank this morning, paid the loan ($33,645 payoff). She brought a cashiers check, we signed the title and bill of sale, and away she went a happy new camper owner.

Best we can tell she's already spent another $7k on upgrades for it. Ordered new mattresses, second A/C unit, new bathroom fixtures, and all the lumber to build a 12x20 deck on the side of it. She has custody of her 3yr old granddaughter, so I think it will get some good use, and it's a good fit for them.

As I was cleaning things up on Sunday I noted some handwriting on the tongue. "Reduced, $29,995". In what looks like wax pen. Handwriting looked like what you see on the windshield of a car. I'm guessing the original lot sold it for that. Then I bought for $31,500. Then she bought for $34,500. Guessing the location adds more to the value than we thought!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
As I was cleaning things up on Sunday I noted some handwriting on the tongue. "Reduced, $29,995". In what looks like wax pen. Handwriting looked like what you see on the windshield of a car. I'm guessing the original lot sold it for that. Then I bought for $31,500. Then she bought for $34,500. Guessing the location adds more to the value than we thought!
pre covid it was pretty common to see ads for 30% off msrp. I’ve been seeing better inventory on the sales lots. Though used prices are still high. It will be interesting to see what happens this year with prices and how full the campgrounds stay.

it had been common the last few years to have waiting lists for seasonal sites. But this year there are still some available.

congrats on the sale

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
Well.....It's done.

Met the buyer on Saturday at the camper. She looked it over and liked it. Agreed on $34,500 as the sell price. Went up Sunday and cleaned it out and brought the truck home. Left the keys in it so she can start her upgrades. Met at the bank this morning, paid the loan ($33,645 payoff). She brought a cashiers check, we signed the title and bill of sale, and away she went a happy new camper owner.

Best we can tell she's already spent another $7k on upgrades for it. Ordered new mattresses, second A/C unit, new bathroom fixtures, and all the lumber to build a 12x20 deck on the side of it. She has custody of her 3yr old granddaughter, so I think it will get some good use, and it's a good fit for them.

You had a loan for your camper for 2k more then you paid?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Back when rates were low - this is a smart move.
I want to say we got the camper under 5%. Might have been just under 6%, either way it was low, and for the 8.5mo we had it, it didn't cost us much.