• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Okanagan Lake, British Columbia, Canada

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,
I'm heading to Okanagan Lake next week and I'm looking for advice/insight on good spots to stop at on the lake, weather permitting and assuming that there isn't too much forest fire smoke.
Any recommendations on lake stops that would make nice day trips? I'll be based in Kelowna. It would be nice to travel by boat, tie up somewhere secure, and explore what the area has to offer on foot.
I've also purchased a fishing license, so if anybody has some suggestions around casual fishing (catch and release, nothing hardcore ... no down riggers), I would appreciate it.

Are there any spots that I should avoid?
Thanks!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I grew up on the north end of that lake but I didn't come from a boating family. Well we did have a small sail boat at one point.

Watch out for the Ogopogo! We were on the lake no wind at all so kinda stuck. There were no other boats remotely close to us and the water was glass. Out of nowhere three large waves moving together appeared up off the surface, travelled for about 150 feet and then disappeared back into the lake.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I grew up on the north end of that lake but I didn't come from a boating family. Well we did have a small sail boat at one point.

Watch out for the Ogopogo! We were on the lake no wind at all so kinda stuck. There were no other boats remotely close to us and the water was glass. Out of nowhere three large waves moving together appeared up off the surface, travelled for about 150 feet and then disappeared back into the lake.

Don't say I didn't warn you!
Hmm