• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Old mfi trailer

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I am picking up my new ez load aluminum trailer this week and I need to figure out what to do with my old 2008 mfi trailer. The dealer said he has a trailer dealer that will come around every now and then to buy the old trailers but I'm not sure that is the case. I have tried to search and I can not locate other mfi trailers for sale to gauge how much they go for. I am sure I won't get much bit I would still like some kinda ball park idea. Can anyone offer any incite?

Is it galvanized or painted? If it's galvanized, I'm sure someone here would like to have it to upgrade over a painted trailer...

Yes it galvanized but it needs work... I didn't want to put the money into it... It is litteraly a stock 2008 mfi.. It still has the original bias ply tires on it as far as I know. But it does pull straight.

I'd list it here first. Even replacing/upgrading the brakes isn't a huge deal, nor expensive... there's a lot of guys with the painted trailers that would probably love to step up to galvanized. Buying the trailer without a boat on it would make upgrading the trailer SO much easier (coming from a guy who has replaced the brake calipers and springs on his 2004 galvanized trailer, WITH the boat on it LOL).

Just listed it... I wanted a nice aluminum trailer that I hope I won't have to mess with for a long time. If I had a shop or something I might have looked into fixing this one but hey... A new aluminum works too!

I think $800 if it need tires is a fair price. But among friends $200 would be better! And I am sure someone would haul it off for you!

So I am picking up my new ez load aluminum trailer this week and I need to figure out what to do with my old 2008 mfi trailer. The dealer said he has a trailer dealer that will come around every now and then to buy the old trailers but I'm not sure that is the case. I have tried to search and I can not locate other mfi trailers for sale to gauge how much they go for. I am sure I won't get much bit I would still like some kinda ball park idea. Can anyone offer any incite?

Do you mind if I ask how much the new one was?

I got it for 3400 out the door.. Torsion axels... Radials.. Swing tounge... LEDs... Trailer guides... Diamond plate fenders... Brakes one Axel.. The nice alloy rims.

But they are gonna take some off due to it suppose to have been there two weeks ago but it didn't have the swing tounge...so my boat has been sitting in their lot since.. He said they will deduct some of the price due to having to wait.

That's a great price!

With all those extras I feel like it is.. And being an ez load trailer it is name bran and has a warranty as well.... Plus they do little stuff I like.. The cross members have a dip in them to increase clearance when loading and they have a plastic cover on the center of each dipped cross member in case u still hit it.. Like I did several times last year!

If no one wants this old trailer by Thursday when I am suppose to pick my trailer up I'll just let their trailer guy make me an offer...

Check into local metal scrap yards to see what you can get there. Something is better then nothing!

With all those extras I feel like it is.. And being an ez load trailer it is name bran and has a warranty as well.... Plus they do little stuff I like.. The cross members have a dip in them to increase clearance when loading and they have a plastic cover on the center of each dipped cross member in case u still hit it.. Like I did several times last year!
galvanized trailer but if mine was a painted one I would switch

I have seen several members post that they were looking for new trailers and the price you are paying sounds as good as any deal I heard of anyone else getting you did well sir. I know you posted the old trailer in the classifieds but a great spot to post would be in the Bimini Thread every year there is a debate from people who don't want to dunk their painted trailer. I would post what all work it needs and a price you would be will to except and you may get someone who would jump on it. I have a galvanized trailer but if i had a painted one and the right deal popped up I would switch.

@robert843 I looked for the best trailer deal for a long time.... There is a place out of north Florida the will build one for about $800 dollars cheaper but they will charge 200 to ship it to me but I chose not to go with them due to them not being a name brand and no warranty. My 2nd choice was magic tilt out of the Hillsborough area but they were more money right off the bat and they wanted more money for the solid fenders and more still for the upgraded wheels. Plus they have oil bath hubs and I didn't want those.... The trailer I am getting has vortex 100,000 mile hubs on it....

Back