• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow ladder.

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got a new to me 2008 ar230. It's quite a bit taller at the bow than my old ls2000 and even though I haven't taken it out yet I'm just anticipating people having a hard time getting back into the boat at the sandbars. My thought was a aluminum folding stepstool but is there something purpose built for this that I'm not seeing? I also am looking for a suggestion for a trailer mounted ladder for getting into the boat at the launch. I have seen one on Amazon made by Quality Mark but again curious what everyone else is using. Thanks in advance.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We backed in at the sand bar. Set front anchor about 3 boat lengths away, back in and use a sand spike or screw anchor to hold the rear. Gives a great seating/ hangout area and gets people talking. This is where the bungee anchor rope came in handy on the front, still let the boat move a little with any wake plus it lets the bow break any wake instead of having the boat pushed into the beach.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trailer step. I personally don't have it, but I've wanted to add something, and someone else here posted this.

I'll be removing my bow ladder this season for the very reason you posted, it's too high and therefore useless to me, as I do what @Babin Farms does. Anyone having to reboard, go to the back. I'm looking to open up the anchor locker for fender storage, and possibly adding a cleat in that area.

Some tape to seal the backside, and gelcoat to patch the holes, and I'll be rid of the front ladder

Jeep7797

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's a great idea I didn't think about. We do pull up to occasional alcohol establishments on the river that would require nose in beaching it. Most have docks but there is one that doesn't. Drew, I just put that in my Amazon cart and deleted the 3 step tongue ladder for double the price. I think that's perfect.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length