• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On-board battery charger

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Matt Phillips used to useba solar panel to top off the charge on his batteries i think, maybe he will chime in or post a link to his mod.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I could install the onboard charger still, but it would involve bringing the boat to the house to plug it in overnight. I don't think I would want to do that too frequently.
you might also try to do some research on the type of batteries that you have. For example, AGM or Lithium can go on for longer periods of time without recharging. I read somewhere that if the switch is OFF, you can could charge anything between once a month or once every other month without damaging the batteries.

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I have looked and I have the Interstate Marine 24M-XHD, which appears to be a lead acid battery with 800 CCA and 135Ah of RC. It also said to charge every month or every other month. Apparently this battery has some "unique chemistry" that is ideal for seasonal use.

I might just get an on-board charger and top it off at home before I go out and once again before I put it away. If it stays on the lot for an extended period, then just bring it home and top it off about once a month.