• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

On board cooler fit for 2015 242 limited s

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone...so this was odd. Preparing for a trip yesterday and tried to get cooler out to load...and couldn't remove from storage compartment!! I literally couldn't take the cooler out of the compartment where it is meant to be stored???? Anyone have any thoughts here? I must be missing something...

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have to have the seat partially closed at about a 40 degree angle and it will come out.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What @subysti said. Unintended consequence of hinged seats.

Either move to day head or buy a good soft sided cooler. We bought a Polar Bear 24 can and love it. Fits perfect, shoulder strap, enough room for drinks, snacks and lunch for our family of four.

We don't load bottles but if you do, you need to check the other posts on these type of soft sided coolers.

Jade63

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
+1. I yarded mine out also and use a soft side cooler with wheels to take down to the slip.

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks guys...can now remove with tilted seat but have decided to use two coolers...a smaller marine cooler for ice and drinks and the one that came with boat for dry goods etc. thanks!

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And the cooler that came with boat will stay on board..."drink cooler" is a bit smaller so can go in/out much easier

Clint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Totally separate...do you guys have any floor covering in the floor of the day head? The teak matting or other that came with the boat? Mine is bare and just wondering if it is that way stock or if I am missing it for some reason? Thanks.