• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Once more into the Breach

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading in tomorrow 6am for my 3rd hip replacement. If you do the math its doesn't work out right. I get about a year out of them and the part in the leg comes loose. Worst thing is that they can't find anything wrong and don't know whats wrong. Been a bitch and I have missed 4 seasons of dirt biking and this will be the third ski season missed. I can surf though. Wish me luck. I'm not sure if its " 3 strikes you're out" or "third time is the charm". Cam.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading in tomorrow 6am for my 3rd hip replacement. If you do the math its doesn't work out right. I get about a year out of them and the part in the leg comes loose. Worst thing is that they can't find anything wrong and don't know whats wrong. Been a bitch and I have missed 4 seasons of dirt biking and this will be the third ski season missed. I can surf though. Wish me luck. I'm not sure if its " 3 strikes you're out" or "third time is the charm". Cam.
Good Luck Bruce and this time get them to use genuine parts they last longer, Hope you like the new Flag Photo :winkingthumbsup"

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good Luck Bruce and this time get them to use genuine parts they last longer, Hope you like the new Flag Photo :winkingthumbsup"
Fortunately my hips are fine. That is nice work on the flag photo. Perhaps it will provide a little distraction for @KXCam22 as he prepares for surgery.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Good luck buddy!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@KXCam22 Best of luck for a smooth surgery and quick recovery.
Here's hoping you get a few more miles out of this 3rd try.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me Too!! Just sitting at home fasting. Cam.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Those Chinese UJs are always dodgy.....Good Luck :winkingthumbsup"

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never mind Cam here's a little get well card from everyone at jetboaters.net hope it makes you feel better and puts a smile on your face. :winkingthumbsup"

Attachments

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good luck @KXCam22 hopefully the fix will hold this time. Have them use that 3M 5200 sealant. I hear that stuff lasts forever ;)image.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good Luck, Praying 3rd time is the charm.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the support. Just heading in. I am bringing my tube of 5200. Cam.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good luck and here's to a speedy recovery.

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might have missed you but good luck! If you get this when you get out hopefully everything went as planned and this will be the last time.

Wishing you well on your recovery!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey @KXCam22 !!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to you !@

I had mine done twice. My first Doctor was 1 of the first 10 doctors in the US to do these. He was close to retirement and I weighed a lot more.
HAD to get both _re-done" by his replacement - half the old guy's age - and they are like BULLET PROOF !@

I used to be on the Emory Hospital
Frequent Dislocator Program (j/k - but I I did dislocate maybe 20 times in a period of 8 years - Barbie used to keep a Hospital preparedness Kit in the trunk of the car since she never knew when I was NEXT going in ......... And more often than not, I had to go into the Op. Room to have it "put back into place.")

Since mine we re-done, I have fallen in DEEP ditches, twisted my hips almost sideways, and a lot more, and I have never had a single problem, in 8 years now.

I wish you well, and hope they choose a good manufacturer of "Parts." The manufacturer has the most to do with the Success Rate of the surgery. Please do keep us posted.

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

HIP - X1.jpg

Last edited:

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope it's going well for you today,

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got back home saturday morning. Now comes 6 weeks of boredom until I can start physio. Surgery was 4.5 hours, 2x longer than before, but no issues yet. Thanks for all the well wishes. Cam.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great news @KXCam22 glad to hear it is going well for you

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I missed your post @KXCam22 ans glad to hear your back home. If there is any good news to convalescening, it is that all of us at jetboaters.net are here to entertain and enjoy more of your company! Get well soon!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just staring at the TV in an OXY haze right now. Thanks. The new model actually does feel better and they placed it using an xray. Doc thinks the last was not in far enough. Staples out yesterday Cam.