• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One less Heritage Edition GT40

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We are too soft on drivers. I just had this discussion with some people. Driving on suspended license should be 6 months in jail. Driving while using your phone should be automatic 6 month suspension. Hitting a pedestrian (assuming they don't jump out in front of you) should be a year in jail. Hitting a car/person pulled over on the side of the road should be 2+ years.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about good samartins/LEOs getting killed because someone wasn't paying attention. I am also sick of the traffic that is caused by accidents that can be avoided.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Come on! That'll buff right out!
A little duck tape and zipties too

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$700k
suspended license
no insurance
don’t know how to drive a stick
what could go wrong:
Typical of Boca Raton. The guy who owned the company my dad worked for lived there. He viewed handicap spots as a paid VIP spot, and red lights as a "problem for my lawyer to deal with". He had so much money that he literally felt like those rules shouldn't apply to him in his rolls royce.

This guy will probably walk away with aillion dollars from insurance and make money on the deal.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are too soft on drivers. I just had this discussion with some people. Driving on suspended license should be 6 months in jail. Driving while using your phone should be automatic 6 month suspension. Hitting a pedestrian (assuming they don't jump out in front of you) should be a year in jail. Hitting a car/person pulled over on the side of the road should be 2+ years.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about good samartins/LEOs getting killed because someone wasn't paying attention. I am also sick of the traffic that is caused by accidents that can be avoided.
I'd take it a step forward, have drivers licenses be RFID, and have the car not start without sensing a valid license. The amount of tech they put in vehicles nowdays is insane, but they won't put in tech that would actually be beneficial.

Think of all the options and ways we could STOPNDUI, everything from sensing the driver to just permanently revoking licenses for dui.
Stiff enforcement would save SO MANY lives.
I'm big on consequences and law and order. I think we are too soft on most offenses. But I'm even bigger on solving processes that allow for things to go wrong.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I helped a guy import a 2005 GT from cananda a few years ago, he offered to buy me a bottle of liquor as a tip, I told him "no thanks but I'd love to ride along down the highway and back in it one day", he agreed and I never heard from him again, :rolleyes:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
He knows how to drive a stick, he just punched it in his quasi race car and lost control. No one wants to tell the cops that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd take it a step forward, have drivers licenses be RFID, and have the car not start without sensing a valid license. The amount of tech they put in vehicles nowdays is insane, but they won't put in tech that would actually be beneficial.

Think of all the options and ways we could STOPNDUI, everything from sensing the driver to just permanently revoking licenses for dui.
Stiff enforcement would save SO MANY lives.
I'm big on consequences and law and order. I think we are too soft on most offenses. But I'm even bigger on solving processes that allow for things to go wrong.
But my freedumbs.......

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Typical of Boca Raton. The guy who owned the company my dad worked for lived there. He viewed handicap spots as a paid VIP spot, and red lights as a "problem for my lawyer to deal with". He had so much money that he literally felt like those rules shouldn't apply to him in his rolls royce.

This guy will probably walk away with aillion dollars from insurance and make money on the deal.
In his defense any crime that is punishable by a fine is only for the poor.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But my freedumbs.......
Honestly, it's hypocrisy by big companies. They'll probably tout it as a feature when they want everyone to have to trade in their cars for automated ones.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In his defense any crime that is punishable by a fine is only for the poor.
That's legitimately how he viewed it. A 1000 dollar fine for use of a handicapped spot was no big deal, he didn't even get tickets most of the time. I think he eventually had his Dr get him a handicap permit because reasons.

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What a shame, looks like he underestimated the power and lost control. Or he dropped his martini in his lap, either way i feel more sorry for the car.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Only in Florida…

When work sent me to England for a couple weeks, they have pull offs on the sides of the road to answer your phone. It’s illegal to hold a phone and drive at the same time. It’s an automatic 30 days in jail and $3,000 pound fine if you are caught.