• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

One thing this site could use...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
More jet boats of different kinds!
And with them, more expertise!
The jet boat world did NOT start, nor will is it ruled, by Yamaha. I am very glad to see some of the new rotax powered boats making their way here for help, because in all honestly, there is a LOT we could learn from having two companies making jet boats!

But where are all the old school big block boys running Hamiltons and Berkeleys? Their knowledge on setting up boats proper for speed, and general engine knowledge would be much more than welcome! How do we get in there and bring some over here?
And where are people running some of the more commercial vessels? Jets, as you probably have noticed, can pull loads really nicely. You can apply your full throttle torque to the water immediately. Again, commercial haulers and transports have a lot of experience in these things as well. In fact, the number of times I've looked at some of the catamaran haulers and dreamed of making a go fast catamaran jet boat is staggering.

How do we branch out? There is power in numbers, and there is also power in diversity. I'm sure the multiple views of what a jet does and doesn't do would bring in a LOT of different conversations that would become heated. AWESOME.

So, what do we do? Start posting in these other forums with a link in our signature to this site or what?

What brought me to this is doing research on pump designs for chapter 1 of my jet boat design "paper". After a few pages of researching and writing, I have found several key "cool" things about comparing a Yamaha pump to a Hamilton pump and having knowledge of what these pumps do would really be helpful!
For example, there is more impeller surface area with twin Yamaha pumps than the Hamilton 212 pump. There is also about 30% more surface area in the Yamaha pump walls which means there is more in pump friction. Things like that and seeing how horsepower effects each is a huge benefit to my research and having the knowledge here on a general "jetboaters" site would be just AWESOME.
Nuff said, let me know what you think and how we can bring more in!

Back