• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Only getting 5800 rpm on 192 after mods.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
First post here. Been lurking for months. I bought a used 2014 ar192 in February. Took it out 2 times with rpm at 7300. Decided to change plugs, add plenum filter and remove flame arrestor to try to get another 100-200 rpm. Out on lake today and only 5800 rpm. Throttle is all the way to the stop. I removed air filter and no improvement. Perfect pass doesn't engage either. Could I have gotten a bad spark plug? I don't see any connections I could have missed. Ruined a great boat day. Can only get to 13mph on gps. Please help.

Matt

Only had 36 hours on it when purchased. Still under 1 year warranty. Not sure if it was voided from my mods?

I would pull the plugs and read them. Hopefully that will tell you if one cylinder wasn't firing.

Also try reseating the spark plug boot/wire

So you are going full throttle and only going 13MPH????

Is your cleanout plug in?

Only 5800 rpm has to be a bad spark plug or similar issue

If you cant figure it out, reverse all your mods then see what happens. If still the same problem take it to the dealer before the warranty runs out.

After poking around in the engine compartment I noticed the hose that attaches to throttle body was off. Reattached it and back up to original 7300 rpm. No gains from removing arrestor. Top speed is only 40 mph with 5 people, maybe 625lbs, and two tubes onboard. A little frustrated. I feel like it should be going faster with that little weight onboard. Lake was calm today also. Thanks for quick responses.

Try top speed on your own, it's amazing how extra weight can affect performance.
I had one person move from the bow to the rear while cruising six up and the GPS reading went up an extra 4 mph.

Any wind? That can affect top speed too, especially if you had the sail, er, I mean bimini up.

Oh, and welcome to the non-lurking club!

Welcome to the "extra 5mph thrill seekers club"! Just kidding. Its funny how people want just a little extra out of the boat. I'm doing the same filter/flame arrestor mod in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if there is any difference.

Glad you figured it out and welcome to the cult.

I did all those mods as well as put in solas impellers. I didn't see any increase in rpm. I gained about 1 mph on the top speed and it accelerates better but I attribute that to the impellers.

If you want a little performamce boost I recommed that you get an impeller pitched for your altitude and the performance you are after (acceleration OR top speed).

Anybody tried the R & D water cooled supercharger system to gain some power??

After poking around in the engine compartment I noticed the hose that attaches to throttle body was off. Reattached it and back up to original 7300 rpm. No gains from removing arrestor. Top speed is only 40 mph with 5 people, maybe 625lbs, and two tubes onboard. A little frustrated. I feel like it should be going faster with that little weight onboard. Lake was calm today also. Thanks for quick responses.
Try top speed on your own, it's amazing how extra weight can affect performance.
I had one person move from the bow to the rear while cruising six up and the GPS reading went up an extra 4 mph.
5 people and all the associated kit would be a full load for the 192. Our 192 would top out at 52 mph with two crew and flat water but top speed would fall off dramatically as more bodies were added. So your experience seems about normal for a single engine yamaha.
The twin engine 242 is more consistent at speed fully loaded or with a skeleton crew aboard. A slight loss at the top end mph when loaded but not as dramatic as the 192.
Just my .02$ based on running both boats in the same conditions.

Back