• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Opinion for damage that occurred at a marina

Franchise

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Happy Saturday. Hope your Saturday doesn't end like mine :mad:. I was at a marina filling up gas. Keep in mind I've been going here for years but Skipper Buds recently acquired and remodeled the place (installed floating docks and gas station). I park and get gas. Everyone was great in terms of service. When I pull up, there was a big pontoon getting filled up in front of me so my boat was not totally in line with the dock. Anyhow, they push me off and my boat rotates more than youd expect obviouly with jet boats all you have to do is turn the wheel. We hear this loud crack. My boat hits the corner of the dock. The man filling the gas made a weird face but didnt say anything so we assumed everything was fine. When I park at the sandbar, I notice about a 3 inch gash that actually penetrated though the fiberglass. I call back and head up to the marina and the manager comes out. He said you need to speak to the other manager. Little do you know, they man who pushed my boat is not only the manager but the GM. As soon as I step off my boat he starts blaming me. I said why didnt you tell me? He said he didn't see it. We get into an argument and he tells me to leave. I threaten to sue and said he'll be hearing from my people. He asked me to pull up to a different area so we can talk 1:1.

We went back and forth for a while and he said this is 50/50 in fault. I said he was wrong. I said had he not pushed my boat the way he did this wouldnt have happened. He ends up saying he'll cover the damages but still wants me to admit fault. I was furious and this is more about principle than it is money. Coincidentally right after it happened, my check engine light comes on (error saying port- check engine?).

Ultimately, I've never had to repair a boat. Is this a simple fix for them? Does it require having to paint the area or repair the whole boat?

Attachments

Markz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
A good fiberglass guy can repair that small area quickly and should not be too costly. I had a worse spot than that on the starboard side of my swim platform, it cost about $200 and you can't tell it was ever damaged.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have nicked the gel coat about an inch long: $250 and again two years later on a curved surface and slightly deeper that cost $450. Both were above the water line and repaired at the slip. Each time it was about two weeks waIt time. I was at the mercy of the fiberglass repair person. It was then I ordered lateral thrusters and wake thrusters which helped considerably avoiding damaging fiberglass at the dock. I also changed location of slip to a more protective area away from the main channel. As an added bit of protection I installed dock bumpers. I feel your pain, jet boats do not have the best maneuverability around the docks. It’s much like driving on ice. I wish marinas would have better protection on their gas and courtesy docks.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
those are really cool bumpers. I may get those. Would they be compatible with a lift?

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’ve seen 24 ft Yamahas with alternate style bumpers that are lifted at slip. As soon as I get back on water I’ll take a pic of their set up and post it for you.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have corner ones on both sides of slip as well. Real easy to spot my slip!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
where do you slip? I'm at Port Royale

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I like the amenities building too. Have bathrooms close to boat is a plus.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
D Dock. So basically on the other side of where you are I believe. Yeah amenities building is the bomb. I used to dry dock but got sick of fighting for a slip at the end of the day. This is SO much better. I moved to the dock a few weeks ago.

IMG_20190615_160334 (1).jpg