• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Order of the Forum tab's buttons/links on a smartphone vs webpage

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok I'll admit this is a minor nitpick, however maybe there is an easy fix for either me or the site. When viewing from a web browser, the New Posts button is the second from left which is fine and great. I use the New Posts link the most. Now when I view from my smartphone the New Posts link is on the drop down menu instead of second from the left, so I have to click that small button to get the drop down menu and then hit the new posts button. On the smartphone app it's Recent Posts, followed by unanswered posts. Like I said it's a minor annoyance, but I am curious why the order of the buttons/links for the Forum tab isn't the same between the webpage and the smartphone app?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Too funny. I've always wondered the same. On my iPhone "new posts" is the first option. On my laptop it's 3rd or 4th (not sure exactly, I'm posting from my phone). It is different if viewed on my phone in horizontal vs vertical too.image.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you turn your phone sideways (horizontal) the new posts link will appear.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you turn your phone sideways (horizontal) the new posts link will appear.
I have an android S4. After turning auto rotate on, that didn't work for me. I still see the same first two selections as I mentioned before, and everything else is in a drop down list.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is what I see vertical

image.jpg

And horizontal

image.jpg

The menu displayed is dependent on the width of the browser window. Your Galaxy S4 should have sufficient resolution to see what I see in horizontal.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like an Android vs IOS issue. IOS shows a search icon while Android shows the full search box causing the menu to collapse. I will look into moving New Posts next week. The current arrangement is the result of previous requests for menu reshuffling. The menu is buried pretty deep in the code and some of it is implemented by compiled code so I may not be able to move New Posts.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, there is no need to rush. Or if it's too much work, don't worry about it. Save it for a rainy day maybe ;) Thanks.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
If you move it now @Bruce , the masses will have to adjust to where you move it to...just something to consider.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always use Recent Post...it shows up first on mine.