• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Original Cobra Jet Steering - FREE

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
One complete set original Cobra Jet Steering. Installed by dealer on my SX-230 at purchase in 2009 and served well until upgraded to newer model Cobras in 2016. All original hardware included.

No charge, just need buyer to cover shipping costs. They are in very good shape - just paying it forward. PM me if interested.

20170902_144136.jpg

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update: Fins are spoken for, should get them shipped right after the holiday. Will update thread to SOLD status when pending transaction is completed.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Nice. If that falls thru I am interested. I appreciate you giving someone the opportunity to enjoy them. :winkingthumbsup"

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri You would love @Cobra Jet Steering LLC fins anyway! The Ultimates set up DOWN all time are amazing and really change the boating experience, especially with the pre-keel hulls.
There is no substitute for that, that I know of.
The boat feels like it's riding on rails. The obvious side effect is - you can no longer spin the boat like a typical small jet boat can do, as it tends to track more like a boat w/traditional propulsion.

--

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri You would love @Cobra Jet Steering LLC fins anyway! The Ultimates set up DOWN all time are amazing and really change the boating experience, especially with the pre-keel hulls.
The boat feels like it's riding on rails. The obvious side effect is - you can no longer spin the boat like a typical small jet boat can do, as it tends to track more like a boat w/traditional propulsion.

--
It is Something on my upgrade list for next year @swatski thanks a lot

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri

If something goes wrong with transaction, you are next in line. I will update later this week. Thanks for your interest.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Update: This original Cobra Jet Steering set is now safely in new owner's hands.

Thanks to those who expressed interest.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

--

how do you define spin ? My boat with cobras+fangs, but it still spins about about 270 degrees. this is how I do it.

I will trim 100% on one side, accelerate up to 30 with hard counter steering and then let go of the wheel.

please tell me I am not hurting the boat because my 5 year old loves it and I do it all the time. We call it a roll coaster ride.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how do you define spin ? My boat with cobras+fangs, but it still spins about about 270 degrees. this is how I do it.

I will trim 100% on one side, accelerate up to 30 with hard counter steering and then let go of the wheel.

please tell me I am not hurting the boat because my 5 year old loves it and I do it all the time. We call it a roll coaster ride.
I'm pretty sure you are not hurting anything!
But without fins down at speed the boat's stern feels a lot more loose (can travel sideways), you can also spin and slip-slide sideways. Now, that can be fun but not ideal at all when pulling skiers or wakeboarders.

--

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I installed the cobra venom ultimates for my friends boat as he hates his thrust vectors. Waiting for feedback from him. I am very familiar with his boat handling the thrust vectors. Can't wait to see what he says about the cobras.