• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our 215 ID Has Arrived!!!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
We signed all the fun paperwork yesterday afternoon on our 215 ID. Now we just wait for Spring to arrive to take delivery.

We are happy with everything we ordered. Just a little bummed considering Michigan weather isn’t playing nice... To cold to do a lake test as expected, but not cold enough or any significant amount of snow to go snowmobiling.... Which would help pass the time until Spring!!! :)

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who helped in our journey of deciding what to order!!! I only took the one pic. My wife got a couple in her work phone, but I haven’t seen them yet.

33B579E6-5CAD-4158-A65F-5E7CDC8346BA.jpeg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boating is awesome, Enjoy!

I notice you (will) have a painted trailer. It's good for fresh water, but it gets tricky for saltwater..Works for many years, but will eventually rust. Do you plan to boat in Freshwater only? If not, and there is any chance of negotiation, it may be worthwhile to explore with the dealer what options to consider upgrade to galvanized trailer you may have.

If not, it's not a big deal. You will still get 6-12 years of use in salt water on a painted trailer depending on your luck (and how salty the water is)

I can't imagine money better spent on a hobby than a boat! Welcome!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
@Beachbummer,

TY!!! It is replacing a ‘99 Crownline 182.

The trailer actually is galvanized, with the gatorhyde finish. We will only be in unsalted water here in Michigan, so this trailer should last a long time!!!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry, I was not familiar with this finish... With no salt in Michigan and this protection, it sounds like you are all set! and having had a prior boat, you already know what's coming, so that is awesome!!! Enjoy!

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Sorry, I was not familiar with this finish... With no salt in Michigan and this protection, it sounds like you are all set! and having had a prior boat, you already know what's coming, so that is awesome!!! Enjoy!
TY!!!

This finish on the trailer is new to us also... I didn’t look at it that close, but it reminds me of a spray in bed liner.

I was more so checking the boat itself out to see if we noticed any issues, even though it won’t be prepped until Spring. Only thing my wife noticednia the wake tower colored inserts are missing. Otherwise it looks like our order came in correctly.

It will take a little time to get used to the difference in reverse steering. BUT, as long as I keep in mind it’s just like backing a trailer up, I should be fine!!! :)

Just wish we could either take the 215 out, or the weather would cooperate so we can let the snowmobiles out to play!!!

TY again!!!

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! That’s one nice looking boat! You must be losing sleep not being able to take it out... it’s going to be a long winter for you.....

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Congrats! That’s one nice looking boat! You must be losing sleep not being able to take it out... it’s going to be a long winter for you.....
TY!!!

It is a bummed happy, since there isn’t enough snow to pass the time snowmobiling until spring... Though there is some forecasted snow in Northern Michigan for mid-week or so... Maybe we could get a couple hundred miles in to pass the time...

So yes, we really can’t sit still while waiting!!! :)

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Incredible looking boat!!! I'm jealous! Enjoy the ride!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I love that blue! Wish I would've went that route. Also wish I would've at least got a 21ft.

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
TY!!!

Haven’t been on here much due to work and trying to snowmobile when time allows.

We are patiently waiting for Spring to arrive. I believe we have a tentative May 10 lake delivery set up. Hopefully a couple more sled trips, Spring Break, and then delivery of our 215 ID!!!