• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our first meet-up!

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, let's call it a play date - our first time meeting other forum members, and we're hooked! @bronze_10 and family came up to Smith Mountain Lake today and we are SO glad they did. Went to lunch and hung out a bit - no swimming or water sports today, but we had an awesome time and can't wait for them to come back for a longer visit! :thumbsup: And we're buying that giant SUP to share. Right, Mike? ;)

IMG_0780.JPG IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0781.JPG IMG_0784.JPG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@bronze_10 now you just have to talk @LooHoo into the copper river run. Also @bronze_10 I dont know if you still need a spot to store your boat for the night but after selling a couple toys I have room at my storage facility you could drop it off at. It is gated and secured.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We might take you up on that, what is the address of the storage facility. We were going to keep it at a parking lot near where we were staying, but it would be out in open.
We are currently working on @LooHoo about the cooper run.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@bronze_10 @robert843 I hear chickens...I mean, chicken. I think I married that chicken. Give me pointers on how to convince him all will be good and we're not too jet-boat newb? ;)

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
U didnt hear it from me... tell him leah spilled the beans..
*runs downstairs to act natural and casually bring up Charleston...*

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LooHoo you will be with a bunch of experienced people it doesn't get much safer for a first experience then that. I think this is my 5th or 6th year in a row doing this trip. Just a follow us kind of deal. Only thing I warn people is once you do a trip like this once and you realize how easy and fun it is usually it will open up a whole new boating interest of what I call adventure boating where no longer is the tow to the lake a part of the trip but the boat becomes a form of travel to new exciting locations. Here is a video from 2015's trip.

LooHoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@robert843 this is perfect. Thank you! @bronze_10 I could tell how excited you ALL were - I wanted to do something like it before I even knew about your yearly trip and then crossing over the ICW a bazillion times while down there a few weeks ago made it worse, as I'd seen the thread about it, and I'm just dying. If we can make sure we don't have conflicts, which I'll do tomorrow, then I can work on the big guy. He's usually not too tough to convince! Besides, who wants to be a chicken.