• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Our shortest boating trip ever....

Great vid @Volffas. Your kids may have been a little bummed not getting out on the water but you salvaged the day having a picnic on the boat. Great thinking. Your little guy cracked me up also. I've got a 20 month old grandson that does the same with buttons and nobs. He has reprogrammed my cell phone and laptop so many times I've gotten almost as smart as him trying to fix it.

Check the wasabi battery combo on amazon, 2 batteries and a wall charger for $30 shipped.

I just realized how far forward the tower on my boat is swept. I have the flat mounts under the tow point, one at the front and one at the back. If I use the front mount and face the camera forward I get none of the cockpit in the shot, just the bow. The tow point is pretty much over the center window and I can turn the camera on and off by reaching up from the driver's area.

The tow point on the boat pictured looks like its past the edge of the window frame and possible over the rear cockpit seats.

I bought the wasabi battery pack when I got the camera. I can't imagine only having 1 battery.

You are correct, our tow point is well behind the front window frame. I had the camera mounted underneath the front cross bar.

our boat cropped.jpg

I just got my pass today, they said the dredge was broken and that they were working on fixing it. She said to call the office and she'd let me know when they are going to dredge. They always seem to dredge when it's 80 and clear on the weekend so make sure to call and find out! I'll let you know what I find out as well.

I emailed the Wilder City Administrator earlier today. I just got an email back (I am impressed they are sending emails at 8:30 at night). Here is what they said;

"The city did some dredging today and will continue to monitor the water off the ramp over the coming weeks. We have reached out as far as we can about 40-60 feet for now. Our permit to perform a full dredge will not allow us to fully dredge until after fish spawning June 30.

What we did today should help quite a bit."

@steined We launched from Frederick's today. I had to use the lane closest to the bank to launch and retrieve the boat. My tires ended up getting fairly muddy and there wasn't a whole lot of water under the boat, but it was enough to get the job done. I REALLY don't miss my old i/o that had to be raised all the way to the top just to launch or land the boat!

The Licking River had a ton of debris in it, as it usually does this time of year. There was a barge that had ran into the shore by Joe's Crab Shack. That was very interesting. Unfortunately I didn't get any videos of it, but someone posted a couple good videos on facebook in the group "Ohio River Boat Party". If you have access to Facebook, the videos are worth checking out.

Hopefully Frederick's will stay usable all year long. I took a hundred dollar bill with me fully expecting someone to be collecting money at the gate, but no one was there. There sure where a lot of people there to not have someone working the gate. When we got back 3 hours later I was surprised that there wasn't a ticket on my windshield. Not that it really matters to me since I will end up buying a season pass sooner or later.

Let me know when you guys plan on going out next, maybe we can meet up!

Back