• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Out of state purchase - service/warranty work?

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
With the market the way it is, the likelihood of having to go out of state for a purchase is high. Should I have any concern whether the local dealer will do the service/warranty work?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They may prioritize people whom bought from them first though when they get boats in for service/warranty work, etc. It happens but not all the time. Of course you can do the majority of maintenance yourself. I wouldn't let that change your decision if you find a boat anywhere that you can buy and that you want. It will work itself out.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I agree, with supply being low buy wherever you can and worry about service later. These boats are pretty reliable though, and oil changes are easy with a manual or electric extraction pump. I took my boat back to the dealer for the 10hr service mainly because they needed to correct a few warranty issues like the passenger seat not locking properly, and gelcoat scratches under the port seat when they installed the batteries. Other than that the boat was fine and I've done the 50 and 100 hour changes myself. I'll be switching to a longer schedule now and doing oil changes once a year as we'll never hit 100 in a year unless we move south to warmer climates. I document all work in a spreadsheet as well so I can keep track of what was done and when.

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I live in Georgia and bought a used 2021 in North Carolina back in October. I took it to the dealer near me and paid them to do an inspection and transfer the warranty to my name. It was 180 dollars. Since then I’ve taken it there and asked about two fit and finish issues. They fixed both issues at no cost and with no hassle.