• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Over temped port engine

Salt Air

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After a day in the water I put the boat back on the lift and hooked up my hose and ran the engine. 3 minutes later I got an over temp warning and I shut it down. Pulled the hose of and found a lizard stuck in the opening of the hose nozzle. I put the boat back in the water and ran it again and got the over temp light to go out but still have a red engine light on that says shut down the port engine and consult Yamaha?? I’ve reset the batteries and key switch but still get a warning.
242 limited SE

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
temp light to go out but still have a red engine light on that says shut down the port engine and consult Yamaha?? I’ve reset the batteries and key switch but still get a warning.
I had big heavy weeds block the intakes on my boat this summer and set off the over-temp alarm. It's not an issue just takes some patience.

To reset the check engine light you need to power off completely and turn batteries off like you're parking the boat for the week, then power everything back up like normal and start the engine, and then power off again. Five cycles of running the engine on/off with no warnings will cancel the check engine light as the ECU will see no further alarms. The over-temp alarm will be stored in the ECU for diagnostics, but you won't have any more operational issues unless you have another alarm go off.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had an overheat on the hose on mine a few years ago.
connext would alarm every 5 minutes and could be silenced. After some research, i learned it takes 3-5 ‘trips’ and the alarm will stop sounding. Trips is the key word and I forced it by literally shutting to boat completely down, turning off the batteries, and unplugging the ground. After about 3-4 days the alarm stopped sounding. The code is still there but it runs fine.

if you’re getting that alarm constantly, give that approach a try…it costs nothing but a little time and patience.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
connext would alarm every 5 minutes and could be silenced. After some research, i learned it takes 3-5 ‘trips’ and the alarm will stop sounding. Trips is the key word and I forced it by literally shutting to boat completely down, turning off the batteries, and unplugging the ground. After about 3-4 days the alarm stopped sounding. The code is still there but it runs fine.

if you’re getting that alarm constantly, give that approach a try…it costs nothing but a little time and patience.

what he said + if you are on the water and pisser are spitting lukewarm water with good pressure you are okay

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The computer programmers make me smile.........actually finding this info makes me smile......you guys out hear ROCK with great info.

Salt Air

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had big heavy weeds block the intakes on my boat this summer and set off the over-temp alarm. It's not an issue just takes some patience.

To reset the check engine light you need to power off completely and turn batteries off like you're parking the boat for the week, then power everything back up like normal and start the engine, and then power off again. Five cycles of running the engine on/off with no warnings will cancel the check engine light as the ECU will see no further alarms. The over-temp alarm will be stored in the ECU for diagnostics, but you won't have any more operational issues unless you have another alarm go off.
Thank you, I’ll try that today. I do have warm water running out of the pisser.

Salt Air

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Thank you, I’ll try that today

Salt Air

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

You guys are great! On the 5th cycle the check engine light went out. Thank you Jet Boaters!

David Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Speaking of crazy programing that makes you smile anyone have something you done that should be on Saturday Night Live comedy.

I had more than a few words coming out of my mouth THAT DAY ........Mom keep the kids inside!!!!!!!

2004 Pontiac Vibe Key Fob Programming Instructions

2004 Vibe

1. Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and locked, drivers door is unlocked.
  2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds.
    1. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
    2. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
  3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
    1. Close then open the drivers door.
    2. Close then open the drivers door.
    3. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn) Pull key out.
  4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
    1. Close then open the drivers door.
    2. Close then open the drivers door.
    3. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
    4. Close the drivers door.
    5. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
    6. Remove the key from the ignition.
  5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode.
    Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
  6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds.
    1. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remtoe simutaneously for 1.5 seconds.
    2. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps A and B in step 6 as the remote was not accepted.
    3. Repeat steps A and B in step 6 for each new remote.
  7. Open drivers door.