• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overheated engine

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a new 2019 Yamaha AR210 jet boat with 16 hours. Turn on the engines on the boat being out of the water for about 3 minutes. BIG mistake. The boat's display shows me the message: TURN OFF THE ENGINE AND CONTACT YOUR YAMAHA DEALER. Any idea how serious it could be ? How much would it cost me to fix it ?
Thanks, guys

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So we’ve all been through this for one reason or another. Your reason is obvious, never run the boat for more than a few seconds without water.
The fix is or at least for my 2021 was to:

Run the boat on water for about 5 minutes. Then cycle the ignition key 5 full cycles. Meaning turn it off then start the boat then off and so forth. Do not turn off your battery switches.

After all that the message on the screen should go away and the CEL should go away too.

Hope it works!!

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Th
So we’ve all been through this for one reason or another. Your reason is obvious, never run the boat for more than a few seconds without water.
The fix is or at least for my 2021 was to:

Run the boat on water for about 5 minutes. Then cycle the ignition key 5 full cycles. Meaning turn it off then start the boat then off and so forth. Do not turn off your battery switches.

After all that the message on the screen should go away and the CEL should go away too.

Hope it works!!
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking to attach the hose to the boat tomorrow and run it with water this time. Do you think it is a good idea ?

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Th

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking to attach the hose to the boat tomorrow and run it with water this time. Do you think it is a good idea ?
I doubt you messed up anything other than the engines getting extremely hot which could impact some items, but again 3 minutes is not end of the world damaging.
Your best route is to visit the dealer, if it were me I’d hook it up to sufficient water and see what happens.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you know how to properly attach the hose and to flush it it should be ok. Read your manual before you do anything else or you risk damaging it. 1) run engine, then turn on water. Shutting off step is , shut water, then engine. I do not have dual engine on mine but I think you have different hose attachment for each and you need to do it one at a time. Wait for someone who has dual motor to comment as I am not sure on that.

PatrickKolby

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Twin engine, just run each independently like you would a single engine. Read your owners manual.