• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

overnight docking / charging with bilge pump on

MBrown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that was strange , as everytime i turned on main switch, then turn on the bilge pump, i can heard a noise (guess its sound from bilge pump) all the time till i turn the bilge pump off then became quiet.
That is correct, bilge pump switch on = bilge pump running continuously. Only reason to turn the switch on in 2018 boat is if you take on a bunch of water and just want to start pumping before automatic switch kicks on.

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great information here. I have a 2015 192 with the stock back pressure bilge pump. I was told by a knowledgeable dealer that the starting battery needs to be switched on and the bilge switch on the dash needs to turned on as soon as the boat hits the water. This makes sense, and I have confirmed it is correct through the product manuals, discussions here, and personal experience.

Trust and verify!

That said, my boat was in a wet slip for 6 months of 2017 set up like this with a 15w battery tender solar panel roped to the center cleats over the black mooring cover, panel connected through the 12v outlet in the glovebox. Average boat use in the wet slip being once or twice a week.

Last month, I left the boat in a wet slip without a solar panel for a week without issue.

My guess is the stock '15 system was designed to be left alone in an unpowered wet slip for 2 weeks.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is from the manual 2016 24's with connext:

"Auto Bilge" button

Tap this button or push the joystick knob to select this button to tum on the automatic bilge mode.
When the automatic bilge mode is turned on, a blue bilge-draining symbol and "AUTO" will appear on the boat Icon shown on the display.
The boat checks for accumulated bilge water every 2 minutes and the bilge pump operates to discharge the water.

TIP:

If the bilge pump operates white the main switches are turned to the off position and the battery switches are turned to the ON (green)
position, the interior lights will come on briefly every 2 minutes.

I have also confirmed this to be true on my boat.