• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Painting VeVe guides

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a set of un-used VeVe guides off Craigslist. They are zinc coated and I want to give them a little more protection from salt water damage. What do you guys recommend?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can paint them, but I don't think that helps for salt water protection. That's the point of anodized or galvanized coatings.

Here is how I did my last set years ago. I just did it for looks.

Good luck!

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the galvanized VeVe's and use in fresh water. After you paint the zinc coating on the square steel tubes you might want to periodically apply one of the products in this test comparison. I would check check how the paint holds up to the rolling movement of the PVC pipe cover. The tubing is hollow so salt will get in there and corrode from the inside unless you can plug it, or coat the heck out of it on the inside.
**This article is from 2007, so not sure what is available now.**

Last edited:

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestions!