• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Panama City Beach

Jeff0319

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are headed to PCB next week. I haven't been in 15 - 20 years and need some help. I'm not dragging the boat down, but am going to take our waverunners. I want to take the kids to shell island and just have some fun. I need a good boat launch and any recommendations for a family of four (10 and 12). We rented a pontoon years ago and they provided a map of where not to go (AFB)! Anyone have a copy of this? If I see any jetboaters out, I will be sure to stop by. The family is going down on the 20th, but I'm not coming until the 23rd (someone has to work)!!

Be prepared for LOTS of people! We haven't had our boat down there because we take and stay in our camper. We always stay east of Destin and drive over to Panama City Beach to go to Margaritaville and shop. Be sure to take a slow drive down 30a if you never have before. There are some really cool places to stay at, shop in, or eat at.

I second the 30A area, rosemary Beach and (my favorite) SeaSide are awesome small towns.

Don't know why they told you to stay away from the AF base you can use any of the shoreline you want, I live on base.
It doesn't seem to be very crowded around here to me lately. Let me know when you go out I might be out there as well. I see a few Yamahas every time I go out to Shell Island, no others on here in the PC area but me and @JetBoatPilot

I don't know too much about the PCB side ramps but if I were visiting and wanting to launch, if probably do it from the state park. It's right beside the pass so you are right there at sShell Island and the pass to go into the gulf. And I wouldn't be scared to leave my vehicle there.
Kids their age might like Wonder Works a lot, it's the upside down building close to the go-cart tracks and putt-putt places.

Back