• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Panama City, Florida vacation fishing for a day? Maybe dolfin swim. (No boat)

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On vacation with some friends and talking about what we want to do for the week.

Anybody know off a good fishing charter in the area?

Also talking about signing up for excersion to shell island, any suggestions?

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shell Island is nice, that's where we always anchored when I lived there, just remember there are no amenities at all on the island, no bathrooms or anything, some people don't realize that when they go.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot Maybe Will can steer you in the right direction.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are starting to look at a swim with the dolphin educational excurcsion with company called water planet. Something we can take all 3 families and kids with. It has lots of options and looks like about $100 a person.

Still consulting with group.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Check out Captain Justin Leake with Panama City Inshore. Great guy and a customer of mine. As for the shell Island excursion, I would rent a pontoon and do it yourself. I dont really like the tourist Boats.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We rented a Pontoon from the state park. 8 hours $200 dollars. Best price we found. Had a good day. Expected more dolfin f
But we saw 4. Shell island does not really have shells.

Ate dinner at a place called Scooners. Food and atmosphere was great.

For shells. We were told by local to go to crooked Island. West of mexico beach.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We rented a Pontoon from the state park. 8 hours $200 dollars. Best price we found. Had a good day. Expected more dolfin f
But we saw 4. Shell island does not really have shells.

Ate dinner at a place called Scooners. Food and atmosphere was great.

For shells. We were told by local to go to crooked Island. West of mexico beach.
You must not have went to the Gulf side of the island, or went to a section I've never been, there are usually shells all over the place. My son and I liked to scrape away a few inches of sand at the edge of the water and watch the little shells open and close real fast to bury themselves again.

Crooked island is a nice area, it isn't visited very much so the beach is like untouched.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We boated on the bay side and walked over to Gulf side in 2 different spots. I guess we did not dig deep enough into the sand. Was a still a nice day. Saw 4 dolphins all day. @Wayloncle

Last edited: