• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Parting Out 2008 Yamaha SX230 AND Galvanized Trailer Houston Texas

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Located in Houston Texas 77041. Boat trailer located in Trinity Texas on Lake Livingston. Prices are all make offer prices except the trailer.

Here is a walk around video that I just took and uploaded to YouTube of the parted out boat and the piles of parts laying around my house lol.

Some parts of available immediately and other parts in the next couple weeks. The boat is 100% completely stripped right now and I'll be throwing away the remaining trashed/ Unusable Hull with title Thursday AM. First I will list the parts that are available immediately and I will edit that parts list with the username of the buyer if it is sold on this forum ( if they give me permission to do so). After the list of available and or sold parts I will list the unusable parts that have been thrown away so that you don't have to ask if it's available. Literally every single nut, bolt, screw and removable part has been taken off of this boat.

Parts available immediately are:

1. Galvanized dual axle original trailer in very good condition. Unfortunately the seller of the boat could not find the title for the trailer however I can show the title for the boat as proof of ownership as well as bill of sale for the trailer. I will also provide a personal bill sale for the trailer. $1500.00

2. SOLD 6/15/2023 to member "GTHH" Front anchor storage lid with clasp and hinge

3. Ski Locker lid

4. Gas tank cover lid with table insert

5. Steering wheel with Yamaha emblem in the middle.

6. Dual shift/throttle lever assembly

7. Clean out plug rubber boots ( not the actual clean out plugs... rubber boots/tubes that surround them.

8. Clean out plugs ( pulled from boat but will need rebuild kits)

9. Both large aluminum water box Chambers from inside the rear access hatch.

10. All exhaust hoses and rubber couplers ( I will modify this item to exclude anything that gets sold as time goes on)

11. Helm storage door White with no hinge.

12. Gauges ( individual round gauge components)

13. Rear fiberglass swim platform deck lid

14. Rear deck molded clean out plug insert cover ( molded tub looking insert with the two round access holes to pull out the cleanout plugs through

15. Portside storage door finger latch mechanism.

16. Fuel pump assembly x1 ( will be tested before I will sell it.

17. Gas fill hose

18. Two midshaft bearing couplers with bearing housing complete. ($150 each delivered lower 48)

19. Two transom plates

20. One complete jet pump ( possibly a second jet pump minus the reverse bucket). The sacrificial anodes are quite corroded but the pumps look really good and function perfectly.

21. Different sections of the stock stainless Bimini pipe structure. Some pieces were damaged but others are perfectly fine. Send a picture showing exactly which section you are in need of.

22. Fiberglass motor cover compartment lid ( very heavy and bulky so this will likely be local pickup only in Houston Texas.

23. One complete ebox including ECM computer ($650 plus $25 shipping lower 48).

24. One ebox with no ECM ($150 plus $25 shipping lower 48)

25. 2 wiring harnesses

26. Eventually I will be doing a valve job and will have one complete long block motor to sell but I have a lot of higher priority projects right now so this may not be for one month or 6 weeks.

27. I removed all seat cushions so that I can make one complete set by cherry picking from this boat and my 2007 sx230. That being said, once I get a chance to do the comparison on which pieces will stay with me I will have one full set of seat cushions but many of them or most of them will be damaged vinyl sections and or damaged foam sections. This would be for someone who has actual damage to their seat structure and needs a base to build on.

28. One Captain seat foam and vinyl work.

29. Captain's seat deck Mount assembly with post.

30. Mooring cleats x 5

31. 1 rear tie-down Ubolt assembly w/ bolts

32. Ski tow hook assembly

33. Steering cables ( I just ordered two new steering cables from SBT because I think one or both of my cables might be bad on my good 2007 sx230 that I'm building. It is possible that one of them is a good cable so I may have one to sell?

34. I have to inspect and pull the throttle cables from my good boat yet but I might have one or two good throttle cables.

35. Motor cover lid stainless hinges

36. Swim platform cover stainless hinges

37. 8 motor mounts

38. Bimini top stainless mounts

39. 2 voltage regulator rectifiers

40. Front starboard horn

41. Lighting assemblies in the little pocket areas on the port and starboard side interior as well as in the bathroom Nook.

42. Lots of the seat back wall mount stainless Hardware but I'll be honest, this isn't something that I want to just send one piece or two pieces at a time. It's just not worth the effort to ship.

******************THE following parts have been destroyed or and are not available******!!!!!!!!!

Windshield
Gauge cluster console
Compass
All reverse cables
Gas tank
Snap-in carpets
Snap buttons
Motor cover latch
Perko switches
Battery holder
All top deck rail handles along the fiberglass top edge of the boat were smashed.

I'm sure I missed some stuff so please ask and I'll add it to the list if it's not here

Attachments

Last edited:

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Man, you got her stripped down to nothing already! Hopefully you are able to sell a bulk of the salvage stuff. I hate to see things get tossed... I'll send you another PM...

Captn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have the ignition switches?

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
finnriggin awesome!!!!!

Got my superbly packaged anchor locker hatch and it was as described and shipped very quickly!
Thank you

And thank you very much for the smooth purchase and excellent communication!

TXJET

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Looking for a fuel pump. Do you have?
thanks

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unfortunately one of my fuel pumps was bad and I need the other one to pump fuel out of it since I'm going to store the fuel tank on my shop shelf so that I can have a 50 gallon fuel supply of stabilized marine fuel at all times. You have to drive quite a ways to get marine fuel from where we live at a decent price so I thought this would be a good way of having a supply on hand.

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
eBay should be littered with them at decent prices around $100 though. It is the same fuel pump as the FX140 and the FXHO. I believe you can even use the VX110 fuel pump but make sure and look up the part number on a parts website to verify.

Aquablu

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you still have both tachometers? Both mine are shot on a 2006 SX-230. Thanks!

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you still have both tachometers? Both mine are shot on a 2006 SX-230. Thanks!
I do have them, however, I am not certain that they work. Also, I have a 2007 SX that I still need to install my 2 motors in and power up just to make sure I don't need them myself before selling them. If you are not in a hurry... I am retiring tomorrow and hope to get to building the boat out in Nov. Then if I have any tachs left I can let you know?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@finnrigged, would you consider selling the deflector nozzles and how much would you want for them?

1695777750857.png

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Post a picture of your engines so we can know if you have high output engines or not. These 11K RPM tachs are for HO engines. The 9K tachs at GLS are correct for non HO engines.

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Post a picture of your engines so we can know if you have high output engines or not. These 11K RPM tachs are for HO engines. The 9K tachs at GLS are correct for non HO engines.
They are definitely the MR1 FXHO 160hp engines. I build these engines ground up for Waverunners😁

Aquablu

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do have them, however, I am not certain that they work. Also, I have a 2007 SX that I still need to install my 2 motors in and power up just to make sure I don't need them myself before selling them. If you are not in a hurry... I am retiring tomorrow and hope to get to building the boat out in Nov. Then if I have any tachs left I can let you know?
TACH UPDATE: I ordered the tachs from GLS. After going through everything plus Bruce’s input…helped make decision. So we’ll see…and will check back later with results. Thanks to all.

finnrigged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cannot figure out how to delete this listing but I want to temporarily suspend the sale of all items until I finish the rebuild on my 2007 SX230. I will be selling it this spring and I want to make sure that I have everything that I need to rebuild it before getting rid of the rest of these 2008 parts.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I cannot figure out how to delete this listing but I want to temporarily suspend the sale of all items until I finish the rebuild on my 2007 SX230. I will be selling it this spring and I want to make sure that I have everything that I need to rebuild it before getting rid of the rest of these 2008 parts.
I switched the listing to sold. Let me know if you want to reopen it.