• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Passenger seat

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m closing the deal this week on a 2015 SX210. Can anyone tell me if the passenger captains seat is adjustable up and down? It was sitting significantly higher than the drivers seat when I looked at it a few weeks ago. Hopefully this is the case as if not, the passengers head will be a great deal higher than the window.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m closing the deal this week on a 2015 SX210. Can anyone tell me if the passenger captains seat is adjustable up and down? It was sitting significantly higher than the drivers seat when I looked at it a few weeks ago. Hopefully this is the case as if not, the passengers head will be a great deal higher than the window.
I'm pretty certain all models have fixed height bases. That is the case with my '16 AR240. The only adjustability is the the flip-up bolster on the captain's chair. It would be unusual for them to be different heights unless one was modified.

I just purchased a new adjustable base for my captains chair. I intend to make the swap as soon as it stops snowing. Here's the one I purchased:
Mainstay Power Rise Pedestal with Seat Mount Slide 13.8" to 19.5"

Here's a thread on the one I purchased:
https://jetboaters.net/threads/springfield-pedestal-adjustment.19713/

If you for whatever reason decide to go ahead with ther purchase and need a factory seat base, I may have one available. I'm not sure if there's a height difference between a 210 and 240...?

Just looking as a replacement parts diagram and its odd the captain's and passenger chairs both have different part #'s. I'm not sure the differences?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not height adjustable stock but you can buy adjustable pedestals. All of the passenger chairs seem to sit higher on these boats, some more than others depending on year and model.

2015 SX210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! This one, the passenger is much higher than the drivers seat. As in 5-6” I’d say. Crazy that stock height would have your head way up above the windshield?!

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pull the base apart and cut some height out of it and put it back together.

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pull the base apart and cut some height out of it and put it back together.
On my 2012 that will only gain about 1 inch and then the seat bottom will be setting on the fiberglass.

SoxFan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The raised height was the first thing I noticed when I got my boat and it bothered me too, but soon after you get used to it and it becomes a non-issue.
I did look into cutting it down but then realized it would make it more difficult to remove the seat cushion behind the passenger seat. Not worth the hassle.