• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Patching 800lb Transom Bag

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those that own ballast bags and the FatSac Transom bag, have you ever patched one?

I pulled mine out of our boat house/fish cleaning shack to find that mice had chewed a hole, if not multiple holes into the bag. I don't use this often, obviously, but it's such an expensive bag not to fix and have for when we do want to use it.

I'm thinking of taking it to a tire shop and having them use those better vulcanized patches that they may use on an inner tube. Not sure if any shops still use those anymore, let alone inner tubes.

Ideas are welcome. But my guess is the patch kits for water toys are just not going to cut it. But anything is worth a shot.

Thanks!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't ever and don't know the answer, I wonder if a call to fatsac would be an easy answer or they just say "buy a new one"

I did a quick google about fatsac repair, most of the links I couldn't open from my office computer because of a security filter but basically,

"Most of these bags are a PVC based material. They can be heat welded which makes the repair as strong or stronger than the surrounding material"

I would think because the material is flexible you cut the hole to a proper size, slide a new piece of patch in, manipulate some adhesive on and then set something on top to seal the patch on the inside of the bag

maybe @jcyamaharider ??