• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pee Hole Problems

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My forward most pee hole isn’t issuing any water at speed. The actual plastic piece on the outside was broken off this spring by the marina and I’m wondering if the broken piece might be lodged inside the hole. I don’t have anything to stick in there and check, I thought I had a zip tie but I can’t find one. Anyway, we drove the boat a long way before I noticed this, definitely long enough to make it over heat if it wasn’t getting cooling water. Should I be concerned today on the lake with it? I know it needs fixing long term but immediately is there a concern, my thought is that this indicator being clogged should effect the actual engine cooling.

@HELP

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Buy/find/borrow some weedeater line. ...if any place close.

Is any water coming in bilge if its not coming out hole?

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's a lot of water that comes into the boat...yea it's an issue.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I removed the hose from the engine and tried to blow through it and it’s clogged within that stretch between the pee hole and the engine outlet. Most likely this is close to the pee hole end. There no water going into the boat, if it can’t exit the pee hole it goes out the back with the rest of the exhaust/cooling water.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What exactly do you need help with??

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I removed the hose from the engine and tried to blow through it and it’s clogged within that stretch between the pee hole and the engine outlet. Most likely this is close to the pee hole end. There no water going into the boat, if it can’t exit the pee hole it goes out the back with the rest of the exhaust/cooling water.
The pee holes are only indicators that cooling water is flowing through the cooling system. By virtue of the fact that you haven't overheated you have proved it's only a blockage at the end of the pisser tube. Enjoy your boating day but resolve the issue before your next outing.

Last edited:

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I fixed it. There was a clog between the outlet and the engine. Thanks for the help guys.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So now the outlet isnt broke off?

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The outlet was and still is broken. It’s not completely broken, it’s only the outside “downspout” part that’s been broken. Basically now it sprays straight out instead of down toward the water. The issue as it turns out was a clog in the hose closer to the engine, seemed to be organic in nature, couldn’t tell what it was. Everything is hooked back up and working fine now.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
People have had wasps make nests in those holes and all kinds of creatures can nest up in them. Someone abobe had mentioned the weed whacker line. That usually works good to clear them out.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well everything went fine after I disconnected the hose and blew through it. Oddly enough the clog was in the engine end of the hose and not the outside. When I applied air pressure to the engine side of the hose nothing came out but when I did that on the pee hole side of the house something shot out into the bilge. It smelled like something was rotting, organic debris of some sort. After I reattached and started the engine the pee hole expelled a little more debris into the lake and then the flow was normal. Not sure what to make of that, but I’ll take it as a win and move on.