• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

People with newer angled table legs

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Have any of you set yours up as an umbrella stand off the back. Please share your set up

I haven't even installed my table leg yet. I taped over the plate so I don't get the reflection burns on the mat effecting everyone.

Never even thought about doing that. I'll have to give it a try now.

We talked about this at the other place a bit. I made a rough sketch and saved it back then. The weight and flex on the fiberglass was the issue, so it has to be supported by more than that side mount IMO. I don't know if something like this would allow enough additional support to do it or not. But without a bimini extension, what choice does a 240 owner have? I am somewhat embarrassed to post this pic, it is just a rough sketch and a rougher idea, but might be doable. Getting the angle from the lateral support arm to the slanting side mount is the biggest problem I see. Also, PVC may not be strong enough to resist flex and twist to add enough additional support. But with the side mount for lateral stability, and the vertical pole for weight support, it may handle the wind pushing on the umbrella. It certainly would if it were metal I would think.
240 umbrella holder.jpg

My boat is covered when not in use so I have not had issue with the reflection. Mel you dont feel the material is strong enough to deal with the load when the boat is anchored?

My boat is covered when not in use so I have not had issue with the reflection.

So is mine. I had less than 4 hours on her when I noticed the high temp reflection burning the mat.

20140624_172727-jpg.7606
20140624_172752-jpg.7607

http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/CP-48732.htm

http://www.foreandaftmarine.com/CP-41031.htm

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=aluminum+market+umbrella&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1

Just one more hole in the boat... and you still get to use the table. I plan to add another table leg mount on the floor up in the bow so I can move the umbrella up there as well.

One note, I purchased what was listed as an aluminum umbrella, what I received was steel, but it has lasted a few seasons... mine was around $40 with shipping. If I can find one that I am convinced has aluminum poles around that price I'm going to snag it pretty quick.

I haven't been under the clean out tray yet to look under the floor of the swim deck. But it is about 3 inches thinner than the 230 line was. I suspect this was a reasoning to get rid of the center table mount. If it were doable, maybe that is a thought, and to go back to the old table mount post, that you can put the umbrella in.

@Evil Sports , I wonder Bob, I don't know if it is strong enough or not out of PVC. But all those runs are short, so it won't have much room to twist and shout! It would be a pretty cheap assembly to see how it worked I would think.

Sans your drawing I dont want to build a contraption like that. I just want a simple plug and play solution.

Back