• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect Pass AR230/SX230/232 Possibly Coming Back!

Jeff Nelson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with Perfect Pass and they have seen a increase in request for Perfect Pass for the MR-1 boats AR230/SX230/232 and will possibly be bringing the kits back. So, call them and let them know you want to buy one so they will see the demand and hopefully start producing the kits again.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That’s awesome! I bought mine last year, when I found out they were going to be discontinued, but it’s made me nervous, not having parts available, should mine have problems.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well crap... I just hope we never need parts...

jkbutah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The got the same response last week. I think we keep pestering?
Also, is it possible to convert our mechanical throttle system to electronic? If so, a “typical” PP would work.

71BeaterBoat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I reached out to perfect pass as well and were told that they wouldn't be doing a limited run of the old system. No a lot of reasoning given.

Has anyone found out any information about updating the throttle system to electronic to allow for the newer PP systems?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also spoke to the owner of Perfect Pass and got the same message as others, the market is too small and they won't be making a system for our boats again. I think the way to do it is to create hardware that uses a single servo then splits that into 2 cables, one going to each engine. If that hardware can be created then you can use Perfect Pass, RideSteady or any other system that works with a mechanical throttle, single engine setup. You don't have any kind of RPM sync between engines but they should be close enough. I hope to mess around with building something like that this fall.