• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Performance differences between standard and California models?

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any one know what the performance differences are between the standard production engines and the California (lower emission) engines are? I remember seeing something a while back (I believe it was from the EPA that listed all the water craft manufacturers and the performance/emission specs of all of their engines, but I can't find it now.

132k watts vs 122k watts of output. Translates into a couple hundred rpm at WOT.

I have a Cal boat and I get about 7,200rpm, 7,400 sometimes and about 46mph. I've hit 48mp with just me in the boat. My lake elevation is about 1,000msl. I think the non Cal boats get about 7,600-7,800 and 50-52mph based on boat load and lake conditions.

I have the California emissions 242 and I can only hit 49 occasionally at about 500ft msl. It's plenty of speed and power but I'd still like to brake the 50 mark once.

Back