• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 New Engine Performance

Jetstream John

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I can’t believe I can’t find any real world reviews and information on the performance of the new 1.9 L Boat and Wave Runner engines. Are these engines a real upgrade or just a marketing ploy?

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thought I would bump this thread as I searched for info/reviews on the new 1.9’s and didn’t find anything. How are they gang?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Go look in the 2024 model line up threads.. I know there is one first had report from a guy who appears to be some sort of insider that posted some stuff on the 1.9L boats he drove. There is also a boat test of one of the ski’s that is 1.9L powered.

orexismd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the 24 252 FSH with the 1.9s. Top speed is 48-50 at sea level here in New Orleans. Hole shot is noticeably better with very little cavitation compared to the 1.8 on the 21 FSH I had. going full speed and cutting had port/starboard... HOLD ON!!!! That sucker is on tracks! speed only drops down to maybe 35 and picks right back up. I am very satisfied!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the 24 252 FSH with the 1.9s. Top speed is 48-50 at sea level here in New Orleans. Hole shot is noticeably better with very little cavitation compared to the 1.8 on the 21 FSH I had. going full speed and cutting had port/starboard... HOLD ON!!!! That sucker is on tracks! speed only drops down to maybe 35 and picks right back up. I am very satisfied!
Did you have a 2021 252 FSH ?
Can you verify whether or not your boat has four bladed impellers?
What’s the best cruise mpg and mph?
What was the temperature when you get / got those top speed numbers?

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I pick up my 2024 222S with 2 1.9L this Thursday. I hoping for the best. I wanna do Bimini again next year. First time was in my SX190 in 2018.
We'll see? but I appreciate any input offered about the 1.9L performance.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I pick up my 2024 222S with 2 1.9L this Thursday. I hoping for the best. I wanna do Bimini again next year. First time was in my SX190 in 2018.
We'll see? but I appreciate any input offered about the 1.9L performance.
This past weekend we just finished up our break in on the 222SD. We had about a 10-15mph headwind, 1-2 foot chop, Bimini full deploy, about 1200 lbs of people/gear, 3/4 tank of fuel and was able to hit 52mph. 48mph was easy to hit. These 1.9's are a BEAST!

STEVE garman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This past weekend we just finished up our break in on the 222SD. We had about a 10-15mph headwind, 1-2 foot chop, Bimini full deploy, about 1200 lbs of people/gear, 3/4 tank of fuel and was able to hit 52mph. 48mph was easy to hit. These 1.9's are a BEAST!
Thanks for the input.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
@Fordman Can you please speak to the noise level?
I don't have a decibel meter, but if you've rode in a twin tr1 or single 1.8 or twin 1.8(because that's what I've owned or rode in jet boat wise) I would say it is like half of the noise. We are able to cruise at 20-32mph(5200-6000rpm) and have a conversation with the radio on and not shout at each other. I would say it's a little louder than a outboard engine. We used to have to talk really loud and radio off to have a conversation at cruise speeds. Extremely quiet at idle. I will say it's by far the best jet boat I've ever been on, I was most impressed by how much quieter this is and the abundance of power.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
I has a different tone on hard acceleration or WOT, it's a deeper tone. It's kinda hard to describe. I know the wife and kids were very happy and liked it a lot better. That was the first thing they said about it, that is was way quieter,
aside from how sexy it looks 😍. It is amazing in single throttle mode to keep the engine's in sync.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't have a decibel meter, but if you've rode in a twin tr1 or single 1.8 or twin 1.8(because that's what I've owned or rode in jet boat wise) I would say it is like half of the noise. We are able to cruise at 20-32mph(5200-6000rpm) and have a conversation with the radio on and not shout at each other. I would say it's a little louder than a outboard engine. We used to have to talk really loud and radio off to have a conversation at cruise speeds. Extremely quiet at idle. I will say it's by far the best jet boat I've ever been on, I was most impressed by how much quieter this is and the abundance of power.
I found a DB meter in the App Store and downloaded it… seems fairly accurate

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I agree with @Fordman, that is one of the first things we noticed coming from a 195s is our new 22 is noticeably quitter. You can have a conversation while cruising with only slightly elevated volume and you can hear the music with the stock amp.
@jacoviii we will be boating today and will try to remember to take a photo of the impeller.