• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Performance Parts

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anyone thought about doing any performance work to their Scarab? I was thinking of looking into the RIVA Racing Supercharger for my 195 HOI. Anyone have any experience with this?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'll wait for the warranty to expire... only two years to go...

Southernboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been interested in doing this to, but I haven't had much luck finding any info. I would think you could get some additional power from the existing engine.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something to consider here. . . . anyone doing this to their boat (even out of warranty) that winds up having a Carbon Seal (or other) issue might have an even harder time making a claim with mods like these.

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Something to consider here. . . . anyone doing this to their boat (even out of warranty) that winds up having a Carbon Seal (or other) issue might have an even harder time making a claim with mods like these.
Absolutely it is something to consider. ANY (increase) performance modification should be weighed against the stock design of the engine, and what it was meant to handle (carbon seal issue or otherwise). Not doing so can increase load and/or wear that the engine was not designed to sustain, and cause problems in the long run. (...I am hoping anyone looking at this thread would know that- but just in case.)

That said, it was something explored before on the forum, so figured the option should be added to the thread.

Thanks!