• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Phantom 3 4K Drone

If you haven't already check to see that the gimbal is still operating correctly.

Yeah, I took it for a few more laps and it appears to be working properly.

I am so super late to this but figured I'd throw in my few cents here for anyone else interested in looking. It seems like a toy that us boaters all seem to like, so maybe this will help someone.

Here's what I've had so far:
Phantom 2
Phantom 3 Professional
Phantom 3 Standard
Phantom 3 4K

Here is the list of what I returned:
Phantom 2
Phantom 3 Standard
Phantom 3 4K

I started off with a Phantom 2 (P3 was too expensive for me at the time), and wanted FPV after about 15 minutes. I built it all up and I had into it close to what I could get a P3 for at a fraction of the functionality, so I returned it and got a Phantom 3 Professional. I was able to get out to about 5000' in stock form. I then upgraded the controller with DBSMods antennas and got to about 6600'. I didn't have time to use it, so I sold the Phantom 3 Professional to @Big Shasta last winter. Ever since I have missed it, and recently put my house up for sale so this became the perfect excuse to buy another one (drone pics sell houses, right!?!). I tried the P3 Standard, and though I didn't have any issues with it, I hated the controller's crappy phone mount (it won't hold an iPad and that is by far a better experience than even a 5.5" phone), the wifi, and the lack of buttons on the remote so I returned that one. Now arrives with P3 4K with the upgraded remote (same as the P3A and P3P) and also has 60fps at 1080P (big difference during panning), in addition to 4K (30fps though). I flew that one once, was only able to get to 800' range, and that was the end of it; I knew I had to go back to the Pro or get an Advanced. I find one on eBay--a P3 Pro, hard case, two controllers for $700--make payment and what do I get in the mail? A bottle of Ferrari cologne. Yes, a bottle of cologne. Not a drone, a bottle of cologne. I get my money back for that, and decide hey, maybe this shit just isn't for me. :D

DJI set to announce the Mavic tomorrow, so we'll see what that brings, but it's Lightbridge or bust for me!

Back