• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picked up 165 ID last week

Fastjew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So far so good? Picked her up on Friday and the delivery was slightly delayed due to a damaged winch on the trailer. Took her home and started going over everything and looking for loose hose clamps as was suggested on here. Some of them were a little loose, but not where I would think the hose would come off. What I did notice is a screw, metals shavings, and some odd yellow piece of plastic down by the drain plugs that looked like a strainer. In getting these out I found the mating yellow part which was in fact the strainer assembly for the bilge pump laying in the bottom of the hull. Not the end of the world as nothing was broken and I was able to snap everything back together and install on the pump.

IMG_6585.jpgIMG_6586.jpgIMG_6587.jpg

After that I decided I should probably go over every inch of this boat (luckily small) to see if there were any other surprises. I was down to the point of looking at the intake grate and impeller when I noticed one of the trailer bunks was broken! At this point I was starting to really second guess my purchase. Saturday morning I called the dealer (MarineMax in Lewisville) which is luckily only 10 min from my house. They said to bring it in immediately and they would repair the trailer. I was actually impressed that they were able to turn the repair around in less than 2 hours as I figured I would not get to take the boat out over the weekend. I mentioned the other minor issues and of course they were apologetic.

After being on it Saturday and Sunday I can say the 300 makes up for what little issues I have had so far and it is not even past break in yet :) Hopefully these are isolated incidents and it will be problem free from here on out!

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Hi, yeah, manufacturing/installing material seems to be present in the bottom of every boat. The best is when you find a nut and you start to wonder where did it come from and is it important? lol But definitely clean out the debris. You'll find more as water rinses through the boat too. Keep it clean.

Good on you for the strainer of the bilge pump.

Glad to hear the dealer addressed your bunk issue. That's weird.

I've had my 165 (150HP) for three full seasons now and know most of the boat inside/out. So if you have any questions along the way, feel free to PM me or add me on Facebook for more immediate responses. Luc Lafrenière

Welcome to the club!

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome happy boating. I would think that boat will move with a 300 HP engine. Post your top speed after she’s broken in I’m curious.

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Pick mine up Friday at Surdyke’s in Lake of the Ozarks-got the 300 as well so looking forward to that-not looking forward to the 6hr drive each way lol

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I did 7h each way to pick mine up. I hear ya! lol

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I did 7h each way to pick mine up. I hear ya! lol
What’s crazy is I’m about 50 miles north of Nashville Tn and there is not a single Scarab dealer in that huuuuuge market.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Nice! Love these boats. Waiting for a video of that 300 in action!

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hey
Congrats on the new boat!

Fastjew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
You guys are almost making me feel guilty for my short drive to pick up...if it wasn't for the fact that in order to use the boat on a "nice" lake I have to drive 3 hours minimum. Most of our lakes near me are just man made reservoirs in slightly low lying areas. Not bad, but can't compare to mountain lakes up North.

jb32566

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Kind of late to the party on this thread, but I would advise double checking every hose connection. At least 3 of the hose clamps were loose on my 2019 165ID. Unfortunately, one of them was an exhaust hose which blew and nearly filled the hull with water. My friend has a 2018 215 with twin 200's that sat on the lot until after I bought mine. He also had several hoses which were barely attached. I think it's a QA issue at Scarab.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Kind of late to the party on this thread, but I would advise double checking every hose connection. At least 3 of the hose clamps were loose on my 2019 165ID. Unfortunately, one of them was an exhaust hose which blew and nearly filled the hull with water. My friend has a 2018 215 with twin 200's that sat on the lot until after I bought mine. He also had several hoses which were barely attached. I think it's a QA issue at Scarab.
Definitely. I didn't have that problem but then again I bought mine "used" with 22h. Regardless, I do a thorough check of all clamps once a year and always find a few that are getting loose. Make sure to keep on top of them!

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
So far so good? Picked her up on Friday and the delivery was slightly delayed due to a damaged winch on the trailer. Took her home and started going over everything and looking for loose hose clamps as was suggested on here. Some of them were a little loose, but not where I would think the hose would come off. What I did notice is a screw, metals shavings, and some odd yellow piece of plastic down by the drain plugs that looked like a strainer. In getting these out I found the mating yellow part which was in fact the strainer assembly for the bilge pump laying in the bottom of the hull. Not the end of the world as nothing was broken and I was able to snap everything back together and install on the pump.

View attachment 111957View attachment 111958View attachment 111959

After that I decided I should probably go over every inch of this boat (luckily small) to see if there were any other surprises. I was down to the point of looking at the intake grate and impeller when I noticed one of the trailer bunks was broken! At this point I was starting to really second guess my purchase. Saturday morning I called the dealer (MarineMax in Lewisville) which is luckily only 10 min from my house. They said to bring it in immediately and they would repair the trailer. I was actually impressed that they were able to turn the repair around in less than 2 hours as I figured I would not get to take the boat out over the weekend. I mentioned the other minor issues and of course they were apologetic.

After being on it Saturday and Sunday I can say the 300 makes up for what little issues I have had so far and it is not even past break in yet :) Hopefully these are isolated incidents and it will be problem free from here on out!
for you guys with the 300 could u take a look at your primary water box? Mines just hanging in the air by the hose with no support on the bottom and no strap to secure it!!! Can that be right???

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
for you guys with the 300 could u take a look at your primary water box? Mines just hanging in the air by the hose with no support on the bottom and no strap to secure it!!! Can that be right???

Attachments

Gozills

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length

Fastjew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Gozills Sorry, been a little busy lately with this whole end of the world thing...JK...gotta keep your sense of humor up or we'll go nuts. Definitely not your average past few weeks!

You are correct in the only support that I can see is the hose attachment points. Pics are underneath on right and left sides then from above.

Crazy...

Exhaust 3.jpgExhaust 2.jpgExhaust 1.jpg

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Go over everything! I mean everything! lol

I took out the stock bilge pump it’s junk and had a hell of a time sanding and cutting it out. Check your threw hull radiator/heat exchanger hose clamps and make sure they are clamped right, I had one blow off and needed a tow. I love my 165 but don’t trust the dealer or the factory! I have nothing but love for mine so far !

Fastjew

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Welcome happy boating. I would think that boat will move with a 300 HP engine. Post your top speed after she’s broken in I’m curious.
Nice! Love these boats. Waiting for a video of that 300 in action!
Here is a quick and crappy video, but it shows after 6hrs she hits 60mph:) She probably has a few more in her with perfectly smooth water.

Billcifer72

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hey All
New guy here and 1st post.
i picked up my new 2019 id 250 and i had same issue with loose hose but this waa found on the walk through when they were showing me the flush process. The exhaust hose to Be specific. So, got lucky there. I now have 19 hours and last run the little engine light came on. I was kind of concerned but continued my day amidst googling how to pull codes from the start posistion in the key and thought i didsomething wrong when after having no sucess gettingcodes by pushing select 4 or 5xs i continued my day till i went to anchor up and go and i could not turn over only lights and no cranking. Needless to sat had to be towed in and seen my bilge still worked as the tow waa rough water. Come to find out today by dealer that my ground cable was loose🙄
No codes and started right back up.

sorry so long winded but thought to share the similiar issues.

Rearwheeln

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Hi, yeah, manufacturing/installing material seems to be present in the bottom of every boat. The best is when you find a nut and you start to wonder where did it come from and is it important? lol But definitely clean out the debris. You'll find more as water rinses through the boat too. Keep it clean.

Good on you for the strainer of the bilge pump.

Glad to hear the dealer addressed your bunk issue. That's weird.

I've had my 165 (150HP) for three full seasons now and know most of the boat inside/out. So if you have any questions along the way, feel free to PM me or add me on Facebook for more immediate responses. Luc Lafrenière

Welcome to the club!
Well I finally got mine out of the shop , they did a great job fixing all the scratches and boat seems to be a little faster with the new intake grate . I’m off Facebook for now. Later ! Randy

And to the OP these are awesome little boats just be prepared to work little bugs out of them as time goes on. My oem bilge was junk and changed it out after it failed the first time I needed it. Definitely go threw every square inch as you mentioned and get to know it’s structure and routing of cables and electrical, I found many things not done right. Life is good now but the first year was a little tough.