• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picked up a Rinker Rocket for my youngest and found this community.

Greg-J

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi all. I've already had the two best days in a boat owners life but I just moved across country to a lake community and am while looking at the market here I came across a mint 96' Rinker Rocket that needed to be gone by tomorrow because the owner is moving. It's certainly not what I'm looking for, but I thought it was the perfect first boat for my boy. He'll be 12 in a few months and here in PA that's the age he can drive a boat over 25hp without an adult. That may sound absurd, but our highschool is literally on the shoreline and kids around here just grow up on the water. I figure it's a great boat for him to gain some independence and responsibility before he starts asking to borrow one of ours in highschool.

I found this forum through a few Google searches and it looked like a welcoming community so I signed up.

I had a SeaDoo jet back in the late 90s and I know these older jets can be a pain, but I have no experience with Rinker. I'm happy to hear any wisdom other Rocket owners have to share.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Firat, welcome to the forum .

I had a a friend with a 25’ Rinker but it was a cabin cruiser powered by mercury inboard. The pic of the Robker rocket looks similar to the small jet boat that several large and small boat manufacturers made in the 90’s (e.g. Bayliner, Baja, etc.). Chances are it’s powered by a 75, 90 or 120HP Mercury inboard mounted to a mercury sport jet pump. If so consider searching for posts with the “mercurysport jet” or sugar sand (boats that used the same engine and pump). Good luck with the new boat.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a great looking boat that is definitely not showing its age. Looks like a fun boat for the kid to learn on.

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I had a paddle raft behind our Bertram I learned on. I always wanted one of those Disney Water Mouse boats they had in Orlando years back. As a kid growing up on water, any boat is great!

silverJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Neat boat! Welcome to the group