• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pictures and specs of the 165 HO Impulse

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That thing looks like a BLAST! :D Gotta convince one of my boatless friends to get one :cool:

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Infinity stereo? Nice!

It looks like on these boats the went to the dual throttle and bucket control.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea man, they went all out on this one. I didnt even notice the dual controls. I want to test one of these, they looks like a bullet on the water.

Infinity stereo? Nice!

It looks like on these boats the went to the dual throttle and bucket control.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like it, but man that helm compartment is almost half the length of the boat!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see a video of a girl. There is a boat in the video too sometimes. Wait, I still don't see the helm compartment....

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hooray for the Speedster makeover. Thing looks great. Good to see some making their way out into the wild.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I saw it this morning after our chat

SilentShooter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
NA
I tried buying a 165 HO Impulse from MarineMax, and after dealing with them will never consider buying anything from MarineMax. And now probably going back to yamaha

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha, in the video you can hear the woman (I assume) screaming "that's enough!"

SilentShooter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
NA
Did you look at what the dealer in Canada is charging for that boat. Its almost worth it for me to fly up buy it there and have it shipped down even with the extra 1.5% import tax on it. They are asking 30k CAD which is about 27.5K USD for a fully loaded 165 HOI. That is $500 less than the 165 HOI price on the deal I thought I had that they walked away from saying they were losing money on it.:jawdrop:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
http://www.bigbeeboats.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=419129&CatDesc=Boats

There you go. Get it shipped!

Did you look at what the dealer in Canada is charging for that boat. Its almost worth it for me to fly up buy it there and have it shipped down even with the extra 1.5% import tax on it. They are asking 30k CAD which is about 27.5K USD for a fully loaded 165 HOI. That is $500 less than the 165 HOI price on the deal I thought I had that they walked away from saying they were losing money on it.:jawdrop:

SilentShooter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
NA
If the blow up did not happen at marinemax with the salesperson and I could not get a deal from them I was going to contact them and the dealers up in michigan for prices on the 165 HOI as Big Bee and Grace have 215 HOI's that I looked at possibly ordering but the reality is that I think I would be happier with the single engine 165 as I like performance and modding. Twins cost twice as much to mod and twice as much to operate and in the end the 165 is a boat I can throw around like a jet ski and run with my jet ski buddies where as the 215 is a little too big for some of the areas we take the ski's.

Still might contact them for a price, but unless things are smoothed over with MarineMax don't want a boat that the only dealer to service it is one I am not on good terms with.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I think scarabs entire line up looks great, a big improvement over their Seadoo counterparts. I know that Seadoo resolved the biggest problem with their superchargers (by replacing the ceramic superchargers in them with stainless steel ones ) but would still be a little concerned about the maintenance costs since a buddy of mine has two 255 hp rxt pwcs and recently rebuilt the supercharger in each at 100 hours which according to him is the mfg trigger for such maintenance. He spent a total of 1k ($500 per engine). I assume the same maintenance schedule applies to the scarab line since they use the same power plants. Spending an additional $1k every hundred hours works out to an extra $10 for every hour of use. This is what it cost my buddy and this is cheap in that he rebuild the superchargers himself so it excludes shop labor costs. $1k isn't much in the boating world but for some its a deal breaker.

@ScarabMike , thanks for sharing your speedster video. I think we have had similar boating experiences in that I started on pwcs and my first jet boat was a 15' euroline cyclone with a 175 hp mercury engine, then I traded up to a 20' Seadoo challenger x with a 240 hp engine. now I'm in a 24' yami after having a 23' as well. I recall loving the extra space and features every time I traded up but also missing the performance of the previous boats.

@SilentShooter, I've had a bad experience with my local yamaha dealer which sucks because the next closest one is over 400 miles away. I vowed never to purchase any vehicles from there and still haven't but probably wouldn't have anyway since I like the used market better. If you are concerned about your past dealings with them negatively impacting how they service your boat that you didn't purchase from them I would not be as I have had to take my boat in to my local dealer and found the service department a joy to deal with. I tip them well but aside from that they have different personnel and goals than the sales department.

SilentShooter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
NA
Also from what I have been told, on the scarabs they have upped the rebuild time between SC rebuilds to 200hrs from 100. I need to open the manual again to verify it