• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pisser water temperatures - AR195 2020

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi All!

Just a quick question, it seemed like I was having pretty bad heat soak this weekend when pulling tubes. After a while couldn't get over 6800 RPM, it felt very sluggish.

The pissers seemed to be flowing good, but I noticed that the front most one was pretty hot, but the second two seemed cool, at least in comparison. Does anyone thing that is something interesting? I don't know which ones cool what parts.

Thanks!

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hi All!

Just a quick question, it seemed like I was having pretty bad heat soak this weekend when pulling tubes. After a while couldn't get over 6800 RPM, it felt very sluggish.

The pissers seemed to be flowing good, but I noticed that the front most one was pretty hot, but the second two seemed cool, at least in comparison. Does anyone thing that is something interesting? I don't know which ones cool what parts.

Thanks!
So the hot one will be the relief from the oil cooler on the engine. The other two are from your intercooler. The engine relief should be hotter than the intercooler water. The intercooler water is taking water directly from the body of water you're in and helping to cool the air from the supercharger before introduction into the throttle body.

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So the hot one will be the relief from the oil cooler on the engine. The other two are from your intercooler. The engine relief should be hotter than the intercooler water. The intercooler water is taking water directly from the body of water you're in and helping to cool the air from the supercharger before introduction into the throttle body.
Thank you! So now I just need to figure out how to keep it cooler...

DrCalculator

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What’s the temperature of the lake?
I guess pretty warm, not sure the value, in Florida and we can comfortably swim in it, maybe 76 - 80. I'll check.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I guess pretty warm, not sure the value, in Florida and we can comfortably swim in it, maybe 76 - 80. I'll check.
The newer SVHO motor shouldn't suffer from heat soak. I have an older SHO motor that has some heat soak issues.

Things to check for would be oil level when the boat is level on trailer, plug condition, impeller and wear ring condition. That's about it on these motors. They seem to be pretty sensitive to oil levels cutting down some of the RPMs.