• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Placement on Boat Lift Question

Cajunborn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, any ideas on where to position my LS2000 on a cradle/bunk type lift? Should I start with the bow (1st) cradle about in the middle of the boat?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your probably going to have to experiment a little. The back is going to be heavier so it might need to be a little forward.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I keep my boat pretty much forward, so that the back of the bunks are lined up with the back of the hull. The weight works out that way, and it’s easier to get in the stern from the pier.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The rear of the boat should be flush with the rear of the bunks like when it sits on the trailer. You could pull further on the bunks where the bunk sticks out past the stern if you need it further forward but you should not have the bunk end under the boat. Looking at the width of the bunks on the trailer is a good starting point.

This would be for a floating lift like a hydrohoist. I have no familiarity with the strap/ winch lifts.

3 Balls Deep

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi everyone.
I just purchased a 2020 Yamaha 242 eseries. I am wondering if any of you know were to set bunks on my lift. I talked to the dealership they say 14 inches from center for a total of 28 inches apart. However that puts the bunks right over the intakes. I spoke to Yamaha customer relations they do not offer any insight. they say go to the manufacturer of the lift. The lift company says contact the boat manufacturer. So everyone is trying to CYA. So if anyone could tell me something from their experience. That would be great.

Attachments

IA_210SX

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My boat sits on the lift right over the intakes as well. I try to keep the stern flush with the end of the lift. Sometimes I hang it off the back a tad, I think I’m ok because I have a front mount econolift. By the time I tarp up it will float to the back a bit anyway. You may want to measure the bunks on your trailer to get a better idea.

Honestly I don’t know if spacing them further out is a good idea because the boat could hit the tank assembly of the lift. Just my two cents on the last paragraph. Most boats at the marina I’m at sit a little askew on their lifts anyway.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are at 28 in the back 25 in the front if I remember right. The grates are recessed so they just miss.

Dennis P

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hi everyone.
I just purchased a 2020 Yamaha 242 eseries. I am wondering if any of you know were to set bunks on my lift. I talked to the dealership they say 14 inches from center for a total of 28 inches apart. However that puts the bunks right over the intakes. I spoke to Yamaha customer relations they do not offer any insight. they say go to the manufacturer of the lift. The lift company says contact the boat manufacturer. So everyone is trying to CYA. So if anyone could tell me something from their experience. That would be great.
Congratulations on the new member to the family, she is SUWEET!

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just replaced mine and they arte set up 28" in the rear and 24" in the front. They sit so the rear is over the I Beam is under the motors.
Had the same set up for both Yamahas I have owned.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I replicated the set up of the bunks from the trailer. I don't recall the dimensions.