• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Playing Cat and Mouse with a Spammer

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As I hunted spammers this morning, I always look for something new on the forum list. I scan the members online and look for anything that catches my eye. This morning I watched and waited, this was one and some of the screen shots I took before I deliberatly went off line for a few minutes to see if they would take the bait.

Screenshot_20220601-090434_Chrome.jpg

Went to check out the chosen boat, another clue...I waited.

Screenshot_20220601-085944_Chrome.jpg

I went off line for a few minutes and came back on from my phone and caught one. Actually the filter snagged this one and I gutted and cleaned it.

20220601_093700.jpg

I could see this one coming, just had to show some patience.

Last edited:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He must’ve been working at the Yamaha research center to have a 23’ 1996 Limited. 😂

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You guys do a great job with spammers. I like the way you turn it into a game. I am sure you all have some good stories.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Guess I won’t have any supplement to backings me in my weight reduction venture and disposing of my numerous other medical problems.

Thanks a lot @zipper where am I supposed to find these miracle drugs on my own?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you think they're monitoring the staff online before posting ??

I would think there would be a way to either hide a staff members online status or create you a new staff member account to do your dirty work under, you could browse and post as zipper and gut/clean as ......

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I would think there would be a way to either hide a staff members online status or create you a new staff member account to do your dirty work under, you could browse and post as zipper and gut/clean as ......
Yes! I stayed on at home as long as I could. As I suspected, shortly after I went off line for about 15 mins. and the spammer showed their content and was snagged.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Farm boys don't mind the dirty work, no problem gutting and cleaning, If I had my drothers that pseudonym would be "SpamBBQ" LOL. but they would still see me coming.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was going to report that as spam but @Bruce won’t let me use the report button. :(